+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eleven NL clubs lose appeals

I wouldn't have complained if Dover had been kicked out of the NL altogether and had to re-start at the very bottom. In the current climate however - post Bury and Macc, as well as Covid, we're all supposed to feel sorry for any club that falls into difficulties and the authorities are now expected to bend over backwards to help them. I can see why the NL bottled it and took a lenient view, but it will be an absolute travesty of justice if Dover make up the 12 point deficit and avoid the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I wouldn't have complained if Dover had been kicked out of the NL altogether and had to re-start at the very bottom. In the current climate however - post Bury and Macc, as well as Covid, we're all supposed to feel sorry for any club that falls into difficulties and the authorities are now expected to bend over backwards to help them. I can see why the NL bottled it and took a lenient view, but it will be an absolute travesty of justice if Dover make up the 12 point deficit and avoid the drop.
    Has any team made up such a deficit? Googled it retrospectively and found the answer to be yes.

Dover will be relegated in just under a year. They will be one of a few semi pro sides in the NL and I cant see how that will mean anything other than a lower end of the table budget.
    Last edited by Notts78; 16-06-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12