+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

There were plenty of very impressive perfomances from the home side but thank the lord my favourite German player missed a one on one at a key time.

Was just waiting for the net to bulge and away support to go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Many ways you could interpret that game but one thing is for sure, Grealish changed the game FACT.

Pretty much every time he's come on, Driller.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    A great result obviously, but it still feels as if this England team is playing at only 60/70% of what it could be if we injected more pace and imposed ourselves earlier.
    Pretty much my thoughts. We are better at attacking than we are at defending, but we seem more concerned with possession and defending. I think the Müller miss was pivotal, but overall we deserved it. The big positive for me was that we broke the psychological barrier of beating Germany, so the next game should hold no fears. My hopes weren't high at the start of this tournament, but after today anything less than a place in the final will be a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Didn’t go to Bruges?
    Clearly.

After the disappointment of 90, 96 and 2010, I honestly thought I would never see is beat Germany in the knockout round of a major tournament in my life. Fair play to Gareth and the players for getting us over that 'hoodoo'. Its a big one and I'll never forget it. Hopefully, when we play Germany in future tournaments, we wont get continuous replays of penalty misses and 'nearly' chances now.

I hope I never see that Gazza chance or Southgate penalty miss ever again now. Let's just show the Sterling and Kane goals from now on. Glass half full for once.

Feeling of relief rather than joy in my head.

6 hours of football no goals conceded, didn't see that coming at all.

Think the Reedtz Bros. need to check out this Grealish lad with their Radar thingy. Could be well worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Pickfords a lovely mover.
    If you missed how he boxed Muller in on that chance then watch the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    6 hours of football no goals conceded, didn't see that coming at all.
    It’s actually well in excess of that if you see the results before the tournament

Think some of the posters on here have been worn down with too many years of supporting Notts. I was impressed with our display today, cautious - Yes. Brazil style walking Uber football? Not quite.

But we won, something we rarely do at this level/stage so I'll take that.

Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast