+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers In's & Out's confirmed Reports currently.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Even Struijk was a forced introduction to the 1st team, brought about by injuries to current 1st team players.

Not a single newcomer to the Academy over the last 3 seasons has been used in the 1st team without it being forced on Bielsa, even when we had the clown between the sticks.

If you were Gelhardt, as a 1st team player brought in from another Championship side (as the situation was at the time), and then weren't even included in subs line-ups, how would you feel playing in a team winning handsomely week in week out, in front of handful of spectators? And he won't be the only one.
    I may be old school but I quite like it that the progression is hard and has to be earned albeit I would have liked to see Drameh, JG and Summerville get some PL action last year.

MB is a genius lent to us for a short period of time and happy to trust him to select players when he thinks they are ready.

Struijk got game time in the EFL so was always on MBs radar and yes he played against Liverpool due to injuries but MB the recognised his quality and used him more and more.

We also had 4 great signings last year in Koch, Rapha, Rodrigo and Llorente so maybe not surprising that with those 4 plus Roberts, Shacks and Poveda that not many youngsters got game time. Roberts typically looked the best player on the park when playing for u23 so maybe shows how much some of them still need to develop.

If Orta pulls off the same trick with this years signings then that’ll do for me

Even Struijk was a forced introduction to the 1st team, brought about by injuries to current 1st team players.

Not a single newcomer to the Academy over the last 3 seasons has been used in the 1st team without it being forced on Bielsa, even when we had the clown between the sticks.

If you were Gelhardt, as a 1st team player brought in from another Championship side (as the situation was at the time), and then weren't even included in subs line-ups, how would you feel playing in a team winning handsomely week in week out, in front of handful of spectators? And he won't be the only one.
    I don't buy into this kid's stuff if they are good enough they should play. Agree why would you bother to buy good young talent if not intend on playing them. Look at the euro Spain had an 18-year-old running around even England 19-year-old. Used to be 18 and you're an adult! we have 21 22 years olds and we call them kids WTF.MB was brought in because he was known to bring up young talent but at Leeds, he is totally the opposite as he has taken older players and improved them. Now unless you are inside the club as to the reason well it's a guess, perhaps he doesn't like them perhaps he doesn't rate them as much as the outsiders who knows. But the 2 examples WTF used you would think he would look twice as bar non-injuries we probably would have moved them on by now.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I may be old school but I quite like it that the progression is hard and has to be earned albeit I would have liked to see Drameh, JG and Summerville get some PL action last year.

MB is a genius lent to us for a short period of time and happy to trust him to select players when he thinks they are ready.

Struijk got game time in the EFL so was always on MBs radar and yes he played against Liverpool due to injuries but MB the recognised his quality and used him more and more.

We also had 4 great signings last year in Koch, Rapha, Rodrigo and Llorente so maybe not surprising that with those 4 plus Roberts, Shacks and Poveda that not many youngsters got game time. Roberts typically looked the best player on the park when playing for u23 so maybe shows how much some of them still need to develop.

If Orta pulls off the same trick with this years signings then that’ll do for me
    See this is where you are wrong with Struijk. Yes he used him due to injuries and the kid shined and I can't remember him having a bad game. Injured come back straight into the team and we didn't see him again till later when more injuries hit. If we don't have the injuries this season you watch him fade away into the background or move on!

"Tipped to be excellent"....by who, those who signed him, as if they would say otherwise.

All we have seen so far are moves to "bolster" and already bulging youth cohort and replace Alioski (and frankly Firpo doesn't inspire, despite him being a "real" L.

We're a few short weeks from a new season and I don't mind if we dint bring any new blood into the senior squad but I'd like to see signs that the clubs intends to provide opportunity to those we "invested in" nearly a year ago and who have done little but warm the bench since. (Either that or get rid and acknowledge that despite having one of the best academys in the PL were going to do the same as all the other clubs and plunder Serie A/Bundesliga etc).
    Name:  iu.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  3.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    See this is where you are wrong with Struijk. Yes he used him due to injuries and the kid shined and I can't remember him having a bad game. Injured come back straight into the team and we didn't see him again till later when more injuries hit. If we don't have the injuries this season you watch him fade away into the background or move on!
    He played 27 PL games so not sure where you get that from - let’s see how the season pans out but can see the back four being

Ayling Llorente Struijk Firpo

The lad is good in the air, reads the game, can pass and is good at set pieces - suspect he may be ahead of Cooper in the pecking order

He played 27 PL games so not sure where you get that from - let’s see how the season pans out but can see the back four being

The lad is good in the air, reads the game, can pass and is good at set pieces - suspect he may be ahead of Cooper in the pecking order
    I'll put a fiver on Cooper always starting as long as he is fit, bet?

i would go with the same back 4

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimwhite View Post
    i would go with the same back 4
    You might, but I bet Bielsa doesn't (as per my post to HO) Same bet?

Yes, he did but why? Cooper how many games missed Kotch how many games missed the Spaniard how many games missed? The question is if those 3 were fit all season how many games do you think he would have got? Also, you do realize he is mid by trade but we used him there because we know why! Ahead of cooper well you know that and I know that but want to bet if the other 3 are available he won't get game time?

You might, but I bet Bielsa doesn't (as per my post to HO) Same bet?
    One small but (hopefully understandable) caveat, as long as he hasn't been suspended!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)