+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CAT case going ahead

CAT case going ahead

a few whispers on social media over the last 24 hours regarding the clubs CAT case against the PL.

The PL had until 5pm on Friday 11th to submit their case, if reports are to be true, they were trying to get the case thrown out because of similarities with the arbitration case.
    Friday June 18th, the judge has allegedly said the PL will face the music and the case goes ahead.

The CAT case will expose everything in the public domain, every secret the PL want to hide.

From what i have heard, the club will ask to see every document and every communication received or set by the PL with a list of specific words. So NUFC can say they want everything that mentions "takeover" , "saudi" "stavely" "bein" etc.

Professional companies go through the computer systems, phone records, apps and get all the documents.

I bet Richard Masters and co have some serious ar5e nipping going on now. Same for the big 6 and BeIN sports,

the next few weeks are going to be very interesting

Nice one - can deleted stuff be recovered? I’ve heard it can be but I’m not an IT expert by any stretch of the imagination.

I guess this is where Ashley's confidence comes from... if they have too much to hide, an out of court agreement could be made!

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Nice one - can deleted stuff be recovered? I’ve heard it can be but I’m not an IT expert by any stretch of the imagination.
    yes mate, all deleted emails, texts, WhatsApp messages will all be recovered.

It wont be in the PL interest to hide anything, because if they do and it gets found, it instantly shows they are acting illegally and will destroy their case.

I hope they uncover loads of goings on with the big 6 and BeIn putting pressure on the PL to stop the takeover.

I personally think we will win the arbitration case and easily the CAT case. I also think the PL will cave in before it gets to the disclosure part of the process. If it gets fast tracked, it will be end of July before the disclosure part.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I guess this is where Ashley's confidence comes from... if they have too much to hide, an out of court agreement could be made!
    exactly what i was thinking Mick, Ashley will know where the case is at, Ashley will win in the end, he will get the 300m for the takeover, then he will get compensation from PL for not approving it, then more compensation because he has had to fund the club for an additional 18 months, then more again because of lost interest on the 300m, then more because the investments he could have made with the 300m.

One thing is for certain, Ashley will get every single penny that he can. The only thing we don't know is, would he settle out of court and have it passed on the quiet or will he be looking to expose them and take it all the way

Even now, they are still using the delaying tactics which has already cost us a full season. I’d also expect a load of things to come out of this - we’ve even had stuff leaked or released (can’t remember which) already from exchanges between the league & government which pretty much demonstrated that they were working outside the owners test framework. I’d be astonished if that’s all there is just from the way they look like they’ve favoured some clubs in the past and haven’t dealt with the breakaway thing properly as recently as the last few weeks.

Even now, they are still using the delaying tactics which has already cost us a full season. I’d also expect a load of things to come out of this - we’ve even had stuff leaked or released (can’t remember which) already from exchanges between the league & government which pretty much demonstrated that they were working outside the owners test framework. I’d be astonished if that’s all there is just from the way they look like they’ve favoured some clubs in the past and haven’t dealt with the breakaway thing properly as recently as the last few weeks.

I think the deal will be passed in the coming weeks completely out of the blue.
    IF the info i have heard is correct, the PL are fecked, its a clean sweep for Mike Ashley and the consortium.

why would the PL let this go through the courts and expose their back handers and also expose themselves as being in bed with the big 6 to the other 14 teams.

Surely even Richard Masters isnt that stupid
    Last edited by TANYA_; 20-06-2021 at 08:32 PM.

If confirmed, this is fantastic news.

If those corrupt, self-serving bastards are going to be exposed then that's actually good news for the other teams outside the 'big' six.

But, for us, it could be the beginning of the end for fatso and the return of our club.

Fucking hell, man.

Every single thing up to the last comma and full stop, if it has been transferred electronically, can be retrieved and represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    If confirmed, this is fantastic news.

If those corrupt, self-serving bastards are going to be exposed then that's actually good news for the other teams outside the 'big' six.

But, for us, it could be the beginning of the end for fatso and the return of our club.

Fucking hell, man.
    something is going on mate. Richard Keys is blocking all newcastle fans, this hairy knuckled *** pest loves to plss them off as much as he can, all of a sudden hes done a 180

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)