Ian Evatt made it clear he wants two players for every position and if Xavier Amaechi joins he's just about there now.
But he also said that he expects to contend for promotion to the Championship when many fans would be content with a) the fact we still exist, and b) a season of further stabilisation in League 2.
I was wondering if promotion a realistic ambition?

Currently the squad is:

GK: Matt Gilks, Joel Dixon and Matt Alexander
CB: Ricardo Santos, Alex Baptiste, George Johnston, Adam Senior, Reiss Greenidge, Liam Edwards, Will Aimson
WB/FB: Declan John, Harry Brockbank, Brandon Comley, Gethin Jones
Midfield: MJ Williams, Kieran Lee, Antony Sarcevic, Lloyd Isgrove, George Thomason, Andrew Tutte, Denis Politic, Ali Crawford, Josh Sheehan, Finlay Lockett
Forwards: Doyler, Delfuoneso, Dapo Afolayan, Ronan Darcy, Amadou Bakayoko and maybe Amaechi?

Plus the young lads who've been just been given contracts.
Not sure how that works if the squad size has a maximum of 25 but I suspect Crawford will be gone and there are a fair few U21s who don't count towards that total. Definitely a good team in there somewhere.

So is it good enough given that for the most part it was a League 2 team last season?

Positives:
Plenty of cover and experience in goal which was a worry last season - problem sorted
The defence looks solid and robust enough to cope in League 1
The retained players were the better players of a promoted team
Loads of midfield options and what look on paper to be good signings
A bit more pace, power and trickery up front

Concerns:
Better quality opposition who will give our defence new challenges
Creating enough chances
Tactical naivety - not sure it will be so easy to play the expansive game Evatt prefers in this league.

Promotion? I wish - but I think the bookies have got it about right i.e. in with a shout of the playoffs if all goes well.