+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Euro 2021 PL - Fixture for Wednesday July 7th

Sterling in his post match interview 'he touched me' what has the game become! best part Grealish being taken off

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Sterling in his post match interview 'he touched me' what has the game become! best part Grealish being taken off
    Indeed.

Clattenberg is an expert co-commentator on ESPN here and he basically said VAR didn't have enough evidence to support the penalty being an obvious error (which it wasn't, but it was damn soft).

So....

which one of us will blink first?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Errr......bollox. Was a soft penalty decision, but blame the referee if anyone. Sterling got sandwiched which years ago wouldn't have raised any eyebrows, but as Ian Wright said in the post match reaction, we've seen penalties like that (and softer) ALL season in the PL. It wasn't a dive, you can't run through two players, and we should have had another, so fairs fair. We'll done England.
    Again taking something and making it your way. I never blamed England and said deserved to win. Clearly, you think it was a penalty so that is all that matters. My witness to the event yes 2 players were with him but not one touched him. If that was JG would you be saying the same? Ohhh i didn't even blame the ref as they are fooled by these sort or happennings most games. I blamed the VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Again taking something and making it your way. I never blamed England and said deserved to win. Clearly, you think it was a penalty so that is all that matters. My witness to the event yes 2 players were with him but not one touched him. If that was JG would you be saying the same? Ohhh i didn't even blame the ref as they are fooled by these sort or happennings most games. I blamed the VAR.
    Wish you would actually read and understand what I post. The REFEREE thought it was a penalty and VAR (which is supposed to validation or cast aside questionable decisions), didn't disagree. What I think is irrelevant.

And "not one touched him (Sterlng)" have you watched the slo mo?????

Wish you would actually read and understand what I post. The REFEREE thought it was a penalty and VAR (which is supposed to validation or cast aside questionable decisions), didn't disagree. What I think is irrelevant.

And "not one touched him (Sterlng)" have you watched the slo mo?????
    Yeah watched it numerous they both put feet and body towards him but neither connected. The dudes here even Michael Bridges said that there is no way that is a penalty and will be overlooked. Again the better team won these things happen all the time. Let me see I had 20 dollars 1-1 and 30 dollars 1-2 extra time so I made some money to go to supermarket to buy food for the month so I aint complaining.

PS I have to remind myself to go cash the ticket before I go to the supermarket The other day I went to get some things and obviously, I forgot my card freak in embarrassing.

Ok this is what the Ozzie papers are saying and no I didn't write them lol
    SportFootball
    Euro 2020: England v Denmark, scores and latest news
    England is into the Euro final against Italy after some Harry Kane heroics – but a disgraceful act has put a dampener on celebrations.
    England will play in their first major tournament final for 55 years after coming from behind to beat Denmark 2-1 after extra time in front of a delirious 65,000 crowd at Wembley in Wednesday’s Euro 2020 semi-final.

But the victory has come with a strong dose of controversy.

With the scores locked up at 1-1 halfway through the first period of extra time, Raheem Sterling was given a controversial penalty despite replays showing the English attacker appeared to be untouched by his Danish opponents.

Also this followed
    New footage has now revealed somebody in the crowd attempted to put the Danish star off by shining a laser in his eyes.

While Schmeichel saved the penalty, he was unable to hold onto the ball and Kane pounced on the rebound, converting what would become the match-winning goal.

Social media erupted over the footage, which now appears to have been wiped on Twitter and Facebook due to a copyright claim from the broadcasters.

English soccer fans erupted in cheers at London’s Trafalgar Square after their team secured a 2-1 win against Denmark during their Euro semifinal on July 7. This video released by the Mayor of London’s Press Office shows ecstatic fans celebrating…
    “Was there enough contact? I don’t think there was .. in my opinion, it wasn’t a penalty.”

Mark Schwarzer added: “I didn’t see any touch whatsoever. Raheem Sterling obviously did well to milk the contact ... I think it was really harsh on Denmark.”

SportFootball
    England is into the Euro final against Italy after some Harry Kane heroics – but a disgraceful act has put a dampener on celebrations.
    England will play in their first major tournament final for 55 years after coming from behind to beat Denmark 2-1 after extra time in front of a delirious 65,000 crowd at Wembley in Wednesday’s Euro 2020 semi-final.

With the scores locked up at 1-1 halfway through the first period of extra time, Raheem Sterling was given a controversial penalty despite replays showing the English attacker appeared to be untouched by his Danish opponents.

Also this followed
    New footage has now revealed somebody in the crowd attempted to put the Danish star off by shining a laser in his eyes.

While Schmeichel saved the penalty, he was unable to hold onto the ball and Kane pounced on the rebound, converting what would become the match-winning goal.

Social media erupted over the footage, which now appears to have been wiped on Twitter and Facebook due to a copyright claim from the broadcasters.

English soccer fans erupted in cheers at London’s Trafalgar Square after their team secured a 2-1 win against Denmark during their Euro semifinal on July 7. This video released by the Mayor of London’s Press Office shows ecstatic fans celebrating…
    “Was there enough contact? I don’t think there was .. in my opinion, it wasn’t a penalty.”

Mark Schwarzer added: “I didn’t see any touch whatsoever. Raheem Sterling obviously did well to milk the contact ... I think it was really harsh on Denmark.”
    It’s not like you to be controversial Oz

SportFootball

Also this followed

Doesn't matter what pundits and the meedja say or think, only what the match officials and VAR (which so far in the competition has come in for relatively little criticism compared to the English PL experience), decides, end of. How many questionable decisions have we suffered from down the years (and I refer to Leeds, not England)?

Doesn't matter what pundits and the meedja say or think, only what the match officials and VAR (which so far in the competition has come in for relatively little criticism compared to the English PL experience), decides, end of. How many questionable decisions have we suffered from down the years (and I refer to Leeds, not England)?
    I know but just by making a point that it was a dive. How many times JG gets talked about his dives just because it's someone different doesn't mean we cant talk about it. Again nothing to do with the player as heaps of them do it some get caught out some don't. Even the ref only went on instinct but VAr clear as a day totally disgusting.
    I would rather remember a game faIRLY not for what it was.
    Anyway, shut up Billy for bringing things up all the time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)