+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quiz: Youngest man alive today to have played for Notts in......

Quiz: Youngest man alive today to have played for Notts in......

1. the top flight
    2. the 2nd tier
    3. a cup final

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    1. the top flight
    2. the 2nd tier
    3. a cup final
    Tommy Johnson
    Tommy Johnson
    Paul Devlin ( Ascoli 95).
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 04-07-2021 at 07:06 PM. Reason: I am cool.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Tommy Johnson
    Tommy Johnson
    Paul Devlin ( Ascoli 95).
    You'd think Tommy would be in there somewhere, but no.
    No less than five players born after Tommy Johnson played in the top flight for Notts.

Paul Devlin did play in the last cup final involving Notts, but three players younger than him were on duty that day,

You'd think Tommy would be in there somewhere, but no.
    No less than five players born after Tommy Johnson played in the top flight for Notts.

Paul Devlin did play in the last cup final involving Notts, but three players younger than him were on duty that day,
    I have just been researching that again and I think its Michael Simpson actually. I forgot he played in that game. As for the other 2 I will have another think. I thought it was perhaps Rob Matthews as Warnock did put him on when he bagged a brace against Luton but alas its not. I used to see him in the pub after the games as we was at Loughbourough Uni the same time as me.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I have just been researching that again and I think its Michael Simpson actually. I forgot he played in that game. As for the other 2 I will have another think. I thought it was perhaps Rob Matthews as Warnock did put him on when he bagged a brace against Luton but alas its not. I used to see him in the pub after the games as we was at Loughbourough Uni the same time as me.
    Not Michael Simpson for the cup final.

We've currently got players born in the 2000s appearing in the Euro's, so it's quite depressing to think that nobody born since the mid-1970s has played for Notts in the top two divisions.

Not Michael Simpson for the cup final.

We've currently got players born in the 2000s appearing in the Euro's, so it's quite depressing to think that nobody born since the mid-1970s has played for Notts in the top two divisions.
    I will have a better look later if nobody has got it. Racking the brain Paul Cox and Richard Walker must have been pretty young as well. I need to get ready for work good luck everybody!

Not sure Cox/Walker played in top league think they came in under Mick Walker.

At a guess Michael Johnson he defo played against Arsenal in top league.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Not sure Cox/Walker played in top league think they came in under Mick Walker.

At a guess Michael Johnson he defo played against Arsenal in top league.
    Michael Johnson is correct for the youngest man around to have played for Notts in the top flight, the only top flight Notts player to have been born later than 1972. It's his birthday today, he is 48.

Cox came on as a sub in the top flight at Man City that season, aged 20. Curiously, Cox had made the bench as early as 1989, three days after the Hillsborough tragedy at Cardiff, but didn't get on. So Cox was given his debut by Warnock as a sub, as was Richard Walker the following season.

So who is the youngest man around to have played for Notts in the 2nd tier and who is the youngest to have played in the last cup final?

Tommy Gallagher might be around Johnson age so could be younger maybe ????

Also depends what you mean by cup final if play offs count.

Shaun Derry is still young and played in Murphy/Thompson team.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast