+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Kelty Friday

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    A 🏆 virgin ⬆️
    Not true 73, League Cup Hampden, but you’re definitely a virgin. Not trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    In that case do you not think you're a bit old to be acting like such a bellend?

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Oh dear. British Petroleum is back and on the night shift on United Mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    In that case do you not think you're a bit old to be acting like such a bellend?
    You’re replying?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Oh dear. British Petroleum is back and on the night shift on United Mad.
    He used to give me my petrol coupons when i was in West Germany,they were the days half price fuel.Thanks to BP.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    And more than one on here rate the lad.

If we are serious about achieving top 6 (is that the club window dressing it for us?) and actually trying to WIN a cup as opposed to disappointing semi final defeats we need some major changes.

We all know that 2 really good signings could change the picture very quickly - a classy midfielder and another striker. Clark and Shankland haven't found a successful partnership even when Clark plays up in a 2.

But what concerns me is what appears to be an acceptance (or complete misjudgment) by TA that we will continue with players who just aren't good enough to get us where we want to be.

Excluding the young fringe players, here's my thoughts.

Not good enough/should have been shipped out/should be shipped out -

Connolly (contract extension wtaf)
    Reynolds (assuming Edwards is staying)
    Punting the ball long again last night shows nothing has changed.
    Pawlett (contract extension unbelievable)
    Harkes (everyone knows I think he's part of the problem)
    Butcher (not enough quality for our targets)
    Clark (controversial I know) but his wage added to the other 5 (FIVE) would give us wages we could use a proportion of to get 2/3 really good footballers.

Jury Out

Robson
    Appere

Apologies if I've missed anyone out.

I do worry that a former football agent has been given what appears to be sole control of our recruitment because if he can't see what most of us can see then that is a major concern.
    I didnt see the game the other night, and while happy we took the points, there appears to be a fair bit to continue the concerns i have.

Cant put up an argument in support of Pawlett, Connolly and Harkes, but Clark keeps scoring goals and should still be given a chance. I know people dont like the train of thought, but Reynolds is a better player with Edwards(Watson before that) beside him and we should be seeing that again.

Did we really play a 3 at the back of Butcher, Mulgrew, Reynolds?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    He used to give me my petrol coupons when i was in West Germany,they were the days half price fuel.Thanks to BP.
    Second best only to Green Shield stamps and thon coupons you used to get to exchange for smoking 10 million fags.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I didnt see the game the other night, and while happy we took the points, there appears to be a fair bit to continue the concerns i have.

Cant put up an argument in support of Pawlett, Connolly and Harkes, but Clark keeps scoring goals and should still be given a chance. I know people dont like the train of thought, but Reynolds is a better player with Edwards(Watson before that) beside him and we should be seeing that again.

Did we really play a 3 at the back of Butcher, Mulgrew, Reynolds?
    Yeah. Started Butcher Reynolds Mulgrew then changed to Butcher Mulgrew Reynolds.

I'm guessing it wasn't due to the opposition but to give the players practice at it for the league campaign.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)