+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelty Friday

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    A wins a win. Better in the second half wie a the young lads.

Major improvement needed. And signings that we all know are needed.
    Kinda where I am (and Arabiain). Yes, a lit of it was poor, but a bit better 2nd half. The younger players showed up well and showed they could have an increasing role to play as season goes on. I thought I could see some differences between TC & MM. He managed to change things at half time and make reasonable subs at reasonable times. A lot of the problems were poor tempo and loose passing etc. so hopefully that can be improved in the next few weeks (lets give him some time to make his mark). We do need hose 2 or 3 faces in pretty quick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Same problems. Nothing changed. Midfield is still as dire as I remember. Butcher Fuchs Harkes just doesn’t work! New manager, same tactics, no creativity. Anyone with a suspicious mind would think that the team selection is being influenced from elsewhere. Thank god we’re a level headed bunch with no such thoughts.
    Butcher was playing at the back mate.Harkes was awful though,cannie argue with that.As far as i remember The Big Man has got his fingerprints all over the new contracts awarded to Connolly,Harkes and Pawlett.
    There is F ALL Tam can dae about that now to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Nae shyte here boys true story from someone who works at Kelty,mega fallout in the dressing room at Halftime first of all Tam bawling and shouting at the players which in my opinion is fair enough however players started shouting back at him which is very very worrying.As was posted earlier PP failed to shake Tam's outstretched hand when subbied which is bad as he fully deserved to get hooked.
    I am getting right behind Tam and some of them players shouting back at him need to take a long hard look at themselves because they were poor in the first half and deserved a kick up the erse.
    If true it sounds like some of the players are not respecting Tam's authority treating him as the youth coach that got lucky. The truth is a lot of these players deserved a bolllocking, the problem is put Klopp in and he wouldn't be able to turn Pawlett and Harkes in to creative players. Again if true Pawlett blanked Tam when he was going off get him to F. he has done virtually nothing for 2 years and should never have been given a new contract.

Nae shyte here boys true story from someone who works at Kelty,mega fallout in the dressing room at Halftime first of all Tam bawling and shouting at the players which in my opinion is fair enough however players started shouting back at him which is very very worrying.As was posted earlier PP failed to shake Tam's outstretched hand when subbied which is bad as he fully deserved to get hooked.
    I am getting right behind Tam and some of them players shouting back at him need to take a long hard look at themselves because they were poor in the first half and deserved a kick up the erse.
    I voiced my concerns on here not long after the appointment about whether Courts could command the respect of the dressing room at this level and this is exactly what I meant. Would be interesting to know if it's true and who it was.

It has been posted online so that is it gospel now.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    It has been posted online so that is it gospel now.
    It was texted to me tonight,why would i lie?.It is not from anyone at DUFC its from someone who works for Kelty and no its not the janny,FACT.

I will post the exact words of the text sent to me apart from who heard it as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    A very poor performance overall. I get its the 9th July and the players are still getting up to full fitness but f uck me. Harkes, Pawlett and Clark all hold that team back. Replace them (for now, we need new signings) with Chalmers, Mochrie and Neilson or K Smith (putting Butcher back into midfield, and we might actually create chances and get Shanks the service he needs.

Credit to Duffy and Freeman. Duffy first half and Freeman second half, both very good and quality from Freeman for the goal. He actually looked better at left back even though he is right footed. Hope L Smith injury not too serious but in Freeman and Neilson we have plenty cover there.

Team for Wed assuming no change with injuries etc:

Benji
    K Smith Mulgrew Reynolds
    Freeman Butcher Fuchs Duffy
    Chalmers Shankland Mochrie

You can see tonight the style Courts 'wants' to play. Clark, Pawlett and Harkes are not good enough for it. 1 out of the 3 in an 11 maybe. But all 3 of them were very poor tonight.
    Agree. There were a couple of positives in a night of mostly negatives. Freeman, and Chalmers who changed the dynamic of the game when he came on. Plus Shanks all round game was great to watch.

I can only guess Courts set us up 352 because that's how he's going to play in the league games. But the problem with that system is you're losing a 4th man in midfield and you'll need a very good 3 to make it work. We don't have that yet. Might have been better going 451 tonight, getting the creative players we do have like Chalmers Fuchs and Mochrie behind Shankland and looking to create space on the flanks.

If Courts persists with Pawlett and Harkes in midfield we're going to struggle. (The body language between Courts and Pawlett at the substitution looked bad) We have to add a midfielder and a striker.

Giving extensions to Pawlett and Clark was a disaster, no clue what Asghar was thinking there.

But...a win is what was needed and we move forward.

Pawlett is sh!te and should never have been given a contract extension, and if I were manager, I’d have him out the door pronto, because letting players disrespect you from the start, only ends one way. As you say GB, they deserved a b0ll0cking for the same old sh!te performance, and this season with fans back in, some of those players will fecking know about it!!!

Watched most of the game on my phone on hesgoal so probably missed a fair bit of the stuff you guys seen but here......let's not judge after 1 game of what is nowadays a hybrid of friendly and competitive football. Whether we like it or not the season nowadays starts with a bang,it's a national trophy that in the early stages mainly gets used to get the players match ready and match fit and as much as I want us to compete for this trophy its been brought down in importance since the format changed and starts so early.

We got the win so happy with our start.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)