+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alioski

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Nothing to do about playing. He was offered double and more of what we were prepared to pay.
    You know this, or assuming? Not saying you're wrong, just haven't seen anything either rumoured or confirmed as to any offer from wherever he has decided to sign up with (which is?)

The fact it took so long for him to decide I suspect shows it involved more than money not least when Bielsa wanted him to stay

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You know this, or assuming? Not saying you're wrong, just haven't seen anything either rumoured or confirmed as to any offer from wherever he has decided to sign up with (which is?)
    Russian side offered him double the money but I don't think he wants to go to the freezing cold. If it isn't about money why didn't he sign instead he hasn't a club to go to or is waiting for a bigger offer still. I thank him for his service and he gave his all but I don't think he'll be overly missed and good luck with whatever he does.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    The fact it took so long for him to decide I suspect shows it involved more than money not least when Bielsa wanted him to stay
    And what do you think is involved, Billy? He had an offer sitting there and you say MB wanted him to stay so what could be the reason?
    He would never get a game if we didn't have problems in midfield as Dallas would have been picked hands down.
    Anyway does anyone really care he left? It's not like the club did anything bad to him.

Always gave his all and played a massive part in taking us back to where we belong.
    As mad as a box of frogs as well
    Very sad to see him leave.

All the best lad where ever you go.

Like Rev says was always committed and slightly out there. Wish he had stayed but understand why he left he wanted first team football and getting more money can’t hurt. He was part of the team that got us up and provided many moments to smile at over the years but the team is evolving and we will all move on.

Russian side offered him double the money but I don't think he wants to go to the freezing cold. If it isn't about money why didn't he sign instead he hasn't a club to go to or is waiting for a bigger offer still. I thank him for his service and he gave his all but I don't think he'll be overly missed and good luck with whatever he does.
    "Won't be overly missed"? Have you read the comments in this thread and others?

As for the observation on money, it's just that, an observation, not confirmation of anything. And as to "why not sign", perhaps its exactly what I and others have suggested, for a player of his type and temperament, i suspect that large amounts of money don't make up for the prospect of warming the bench rather than playing every game.

And what do you think is involved, Billy? He had an offer sitting there and you say MB wanted him to stay so what could be the reason?
    He would never get a game if we didn't have problems in midfield as Dallas would have been picked hands down.
    Anyway does anyone really care he left? It's not like the club did anything bad to him.
    Trying to pick a metaphorical fight Oz? "Does anyone really care he left"? Errrrrr, damned right they do, you're in a very small minority thinking otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Like Rev says was always committed and slightly out there. Wish he had stayed but understand why he left he wanted first team football and getting more money can’t hurt. He was part of the team that got us up and provided many moments to smile at over the years but the team is evolving and we will all move on.
    As per the article I provided a link to, I just hope that "evolution" doesn't result in the Leeds team being bereft of character (and characters), and the quest for high performance driving out the ability of players to more than just play well, but to be the mad hatter sometimes. We've been fortunate even in the bad years of having such players, you all know the names.

Long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    As per the article I provided a link to, I just hope that "evolution" doesn't result in the Leeds team being bereft of character (and characters), and the quest for high performance driving out the ability of players to more than just play well, but to be the mad hatter sometimes. We've been fortunate even in the bad years of having such players, you all know the names.

Long may it continue
    Firpo gave a good first interview sounds like he knows what he wants

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)