+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who sets crowd limits

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Spain changing law to be able to take possesion of people's assets.

Vaccine passports look like coming here.

Boris rowing back a bit on "freedom day"

You will own nothing and be happy.🙄

500 in Dens......

Anyone had enuf yet?
    I was reading in yesterday’s Sunday Times that businesses who had business interruption insurance for last year are having their insurance renewals for this year increasing by a huge amount. From memory I think that one business was quoted a five fold increase in price for the renewal of their insurance.
    If this is the case for Dundee Football Club then surely applying to Dundee City Council to increase the number of spectators admitted to home games at Dens is a ‘no brainer’.
    Surely John Nelms wants as many people as possible to attend home games at Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I find it terrifying people just shrug and accept the hypocrisy.

Starmer wanting more lockdowns but sits at Wembley maskless, piers Morgan,, Whitty at Wimbledon, thon Dr Hilary at Wimbledon.....all quick to shout for more masking, more lockdown but dosent seem to apply to them.....meanwhile a man can't de mist his specs, a father can't sit beside his son and fans are demanded that they produce evidence of exemption at Dens.....and a helluva lot of people seem happy to accept this.

Terrifying.
    It appears to be one rule for the bigwigs and a different rule for everyone else.
    I enclose a CNN news report dated Monday 5th July 2021 which states that Kate Middleton was self isolating for a period of 10:days after coming into close contact with a person who has tested positive for the Covid-19 virus. Kate had been self isolating since the previous Friday (2nd July). https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/05/u...gbr/index.html
    Amazingly Kate Middleton presented the Women’s Singles trophy to Ashleigh Barty last Saturday and yesterday she was at Wimbledon and Wembley despite her self isolating period not ending until today 12th July 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It appears to be one rule for the bigwigs and a different rule for everyone else.
    I enclose a CNN news report dated Monday 5th July 2021 which states that Kate Middleton was self isolating for a period of 10:days after coming into close contact with a person who has tested positive for the Covid-19 virus. Kate had been self isolating since the previous Friday (2nd July). https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/05/u...gbr/index.html
    Amazingly Kate Middleton presented the Women’s Singles trophy to Ashleigh Barty last Saturday and yesterday she was at Wimbledon and Wembley despite her self isolating period not ending until today 12th July 2021.
    Certainly does Islay, the "toffs" ain't having their summer ruined.

Btw Boris has also rowed back on once England's open it's open....there's no going back.....he's not quite saying that now.....and obviously any Scottish lockdown depends on furlough continuing or restarting.

If we get through the winter with no lockdown given sturgeon and useless passion for them and Boris changing direction more times than a drunk wasp I'd be amazed......and as I say people seem willing to accept it.

I don't post very often but have been reading these topics and their posts with interest. I agree with almost all that has been posted about losing our civil liberties and the overkill with all the lockdown remnants and mask wearing etc. There is only one place where I think caution should be kept in place.

As far as lockdown is concerned, unless we are hit by some mutant/variant or some other disease causing a plague and deaths on a biblical scale I sincerely hope that we stick to the plans to get rid of almost all lockdown regulations asap. Everything should reopen and holidays should be back on the agenda imo. The area where I would have a cautious outlook would be the few things that don't mean closing things, restricting movement or stopping folk going about their lawful business. In addition to keeping folk into hand hygiene the area of face masks is the difficult one for me and I agree with the scientists who promote limited use of masks for some time yet. This would be limited to indoor venues and transport and I would have no hesitation in doing away with mask wearing in all outdoor areas which would of course include sitting in a stand a a football match. I don't think there is sufficient or indeed any evidence to support that the wearing of masks stops a person from getting Covid, the flu or even a cold. I think there is far more evidence that wearing a mask protects others if you or others who have symptoms/a disease wear one. I don't think many would ban or want to stop the use of hankerchiefs or tissues which of course stop the spread of disease if used properly but we have all seen folk or ourselves not get to our hankie/tissue in time to catch a sneeze and also how many folk don't bother to cover their mouth when coughing which in any case is almost useless. For the time being I would accept the wearing of masks indoors and on public transport simply to be a good citizen and protect your fellow citizens knowing that it does the wearer little or no good but because it could be a little part of the jigsaw that needs completed to get us out of the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Oh gie it a rest man, we've had peace from your ramblings for a while. Why don't you just go away again. For the record I'm no fan of Boris and reckon he has made many mistakes over the pandemic as has the Sturgeonfuhrer. Imo Boris bad as he is is better for Scotland than the Sturgeonfuhrer and her party. Independance which you have said will never happen is probably the most reasonable thing you have posted in the time I have been reading your posts. Lets hope, no pray, you are correct!
    Criticising the useless and very dangerous tory ukip government gets you upset? I'll need to keep doing it then.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Don't want this thread to fizzle out. Club needs to try to get more supporters back into Dens.level 2 -500, level 1 - 1000, level 0 -2000. How can we be doing nothing? Apologies, appear to be doing nothing!
    The club have been stonewalled by the council at almost every step regarding getting fans in and they weren't wanting to let fans in to the play off - the club had to speak to the Scot govt. DCC said they'd had no written confirmation from Holyrood that 500 fans can get in despite it being all over the media.

The club are still getting stonewalled by DCC but the good news is they have sanctioned 2000 at the Forfar game and 4000 from the St Mirren game onwards until further notice. This is a third of capacity more or less and will allow all season tickets holders in.

There is no reason why the club wouldn't want more fans in as it is costing money not to surely. The club have been banging their head against a brick wall with DCC since May.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Heard we are going 500 Brora 1000 Forfar then 4000 st mirren
    It's 2000 Forfar in the Bobby Cox then 2000 behind each goal from St Mirren game. South Enclosure can't be used as it only has one exit gate and no door on the toliets

Quote Originally Posted by speroni View Post
    The club have been stonewalled by the council at almost every step regarding getting fans in and they weren't wanting to let fans in to the play off - the club had to speak to the Scot govt. DCC said they'd had no written confirmation from Holyrood that 500 fans can get in despite it being all over the media.

The club are still getting stonewalled by DCC but the good news is they have sanctioned 2000 at the Forfar game and 4000 from the St Mirren game onwards until further notice. This is a third of capacity more or less and will allow all season tickets holders in.

There is no reason why the club wouldn't want more fans in as it is costing money not to surely. The club have been banging their head against a brick wall with DCC since May.
    And a simple statement from the club to the effect that they continue to work with the authorities to increase the number of fans permitted into Dens would keep fans happy - but F all from them. How do they explain the reports of atrocious treatment of fans by stewards? DCC's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by speroni View Post

That's great news Speroni. It is exactly as I had hoped, that the club was trying to get its supporters back into games. Sometimes having public fights with officialdom can backfire, but if you have commonsense on your side and the public also on your side a wee bit of public comment might have helped DCC to understand that they were out of step. Been surprised that the alleged close relationship with between DCC and our neighbours had not brought this issue to the fore much earlier.

End result is what matters and if it is moving our way then i for one am happy.

"Where a venue has more than 16,000 seats, as well as standing areas, they can choose to admit 10,000 people or 25% of seated capacity (whichever is lower) who must remain seated for the competition event, or to admit 4,000 people or 50% of total seated and standing capacity (whichever is lower) who can be seated or standing, as long as social distancing can be maintained effectively."
    DCC can dictate what they deem to be effective social distancing

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)