+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JOB Signs

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    I was more surprised he was our longest serving player!!
    Says you alll need to know about lower level football. Most players or managers for that matter don’t stay at clubs beyond 2-3 years. A combination of clubs trying to get better players in with different managers along with players looking to get the best possible deal for themselves.

Really pleased about this, great attitude and player to have with the younger ones.

Good news, but we need more strength in depth in midfield this season. The failure to replace Sloth at the start of last season meant we had no competition for places and no good options (I wouldn’t be surprised if Matty Wolfe is still lurking somewhere at the ground, forgotten about). We need a box-to-boxer and a Neal Bishop-esque scrapper, too.

Does that just leave Kelly-Evans to decide whether to accept his offer or not?

I’m not overly thrilled with this news. Midfielders need to run a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah, who needs an energetic fully motivated experienced player who suits your system and excels at third man runs eh?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    2 years as well! I don't get this at all. Would have got rid.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yeah, who needs an energetic fully motivated experienced player who suits your system and excels at third man runs eh?
    lol
    Yeah I'd much rather have an 'energetic', injury prone 33 year old than somebody 10 years younger with potential resale value.

JOB has 'excelled' at nothing since being here and is a bench player at best. Hangover from the relegation season.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Yeah I'd much rather have an 'energetic', injury prone 33 year old than somebody 10 years younger with potential resale value.

JOB has 'excelled' at nothing since being here and is a bench player at best. Hangover from the relegation season.
    You need to have experience along side, you can't just sign these magically appearing 23 year olds that run the midfield, because if they're free and available, the higher up clubs get them first

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast