+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JOB Signs

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    A new deal
    Good news

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yeah, who needs an energetic fully motivated experienced player who suits your system and excels at third man runs eh?
    lol
    That’s an unexpectedly sarcastic response from you og. I said I wasn’t thrilled with the news rather than downright upset.

If we couldn’t get someone younger with more legs to do the same job fair enough. But JOB has hardly had a lot of success in his time so far.

Good signing in my book we some experience in the middle of the park and Jim has it,now Doyle will be more involved on the coaching side I would say its a good fit.

Nothing wrong with sarcasm BFP if used correctly.

Although I believe nobody should be ecstatic about this signing , nobody should get too upset either cos there is a good chance he is on a lot less than £1K a week. And more importantly no way is he or anyone on more than a grand a week

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    That’s an unexpectedly sarcastic response from you og. I said I wasn’t thrilled with the news rather than downright upset.

If we couldn’t get someone younger with more legs to do the same job fair enough. But JOB has hardly had a lot of success in his time so far.
    Apologies BFP, work getting on top of me right now. Just feel people don't understand what JOB does offer and he tends to get a bit of unwarranted negativity from some.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Yeah I'd much rather have an 'energetic', injury prone 33 year old than somebody 10 years younger with potential resale value.

JOB has 'excelled' at nothing since being here and is a bench player at best. Hangover from the relegation season.
    No, you are wrong, I am right, JOB is King, long live JOB!!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Apologies BFP, work getting on top of me right now. Just feel people don't understand what JOB does offer and he tends to get a bit of unwarranted negativity from some.
    I think he’s been unrecognisable since Burchnall took over - I don’t think he’d offered a great deal in a deeper role under Ardley. I think my one big criticism is that he should score more goals - he got a hat-trick against Maidenhead, but other than that he’s not scored in a game since getting our first non-league goal right back in August 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I thought you had been banned.?
    I don't think so, maybe everyone apart from you has me on 'ignore'.

I'm pleased JOB has re-signed. He should be a valuable squad member at the very least on attitude alone.

We can’t have a squad choc full of potential and no experience.
    I think JoB has more to offer than what he has shown in his time here and he can definitely support the development of the younger players.
    Player development can’t all be the coaches job

Agree 78

With Reeves gone and assuming Doyle plays a much reduced (playing) role next season then I'm happy with JOB re-signing.

I didn't want all 3 again playing but didn't want 0.5 neither.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast