+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitch Rose Has Been A Naughty Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    That's weird, after fracturing a womans cheekbone I hope he never succeeds again at anything
    Although I understand the emotion, that sentiment is equally weird, because if he never succeeds at anything again, then there is an increased chance that he will continue his decline into criminality and possibly more violence. I think it's possible to condemn the act and show sympathy for the victims without completely writing off the life of the perpetrator. He needs to learn from this and rebuild his life, so hopefully such an incident won't happen again.

I guess this ends any calls for getting M Rose back into our central midfield to provide energy, disrupt play, give away the ball and above all point fingers at teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    That's weird, after fracturing a womans cheekbone I hope he never succeeds again at anything
    Think of it what you will but the fact I can show some compassion for him when he's done a terrible thing is something I feel entirely at ease with. Although perhaps in this day and age it is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Think of it what you will but the fact I can show some compassion for him when he's done a terrible thing is something I feel entirely at ease with. Although perhaps in this day and age it is weird.
    Aka Lee Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Aka Lee Hughes
    Mitch Rose is also known as Lee Hughes? Are you sure?

Is this the equivalent of saying Wayne Couzens overstepped the mark? Mitch Rose just became a no-count.

I don't feel any compassion towards him, but plenty towards his victims. I do hope though that he sorts himself out, gets professional help or whatever to enable him to become a decent member of society. For his own sake, and for the safety of others.

There's nothing wrong with showing compassion, but your original post hardly expressed even mild disapproval. You said it was 'sad to see'. I bet if the victim had been your daughter your reaction would have been less muted.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    There's nothing wrong with showing compassion, but your original post hardly expressed even mild disapproval. You said it was 'sad to see'. I bet if the victim had been your daughter your reaction would have been less muted.
    I take on board that my first post came across as rather lacking in sympathy for the victims and it shouldn't have. My point was really focussed on Rose himself as that was the only reason the post made the board and I guess it was all I was focussed on. So my apologies for,y rather emotionless response. QP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12