+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: England v Italy THE FINAL

You're all entitled to your opinions and I don't class a different opinion as uterrings of a ignorant fool.

Greasy is a flat track bully.

Look at his record in previous finals. FA Cup and to play offs. No assists or goals. Against Fulham he played against a championship team who had 10 men for 20 odd minutes.

The Italians are not Fulham and Tim Bream. They have mastered the art of defending and the dark arts for years, that is why they have won 4 wc and 2 euros.

I don't think playing a petulant child, who did play over 20 minutes, let us not forget, would have got us a different result. The were knackered when he came on and he did nothing. They aren't naive they are not, and did not, foul him so we got load of free kicks.

He was lucky to be in the squad as both mount, Foden and Maddison are more effective, less petulant t urds.

Look at the fact that after the Keane comments Stirling made no comment on twitter about not taking a pen, but greasy threw his manager under the bus by saying "he made lots of right decisions", implying him not taking a pen wadneone of them.

He made it about himself when the truth is he had taken one pen in the prem and hit the cross bar with it and therefore he bottled when it mattered in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    F??? You you vile c???.

Don't call me ignorant fool you p Rick.

Your cohort gives it the big un on his forum and thinks he can come on here and get a free pass, and all is forgotten.

Keane is a "disgrace" because you can't handle the truth.

You are the one trying to lionise a diving C??? Like grealish who is found in gutters drunk, breaches covid rules, and then does a runner from a crash, to be later arrested for it.
    Lets look at Jack Grealish’s V Mason Mount’s a little closer

Grealish’s 26 matches last season

Grealish scored 6 goals had a total of 3 blocks, 27 Ariel duels and a total number of 78 tackles. Average 3.12

Grealish had a total of 10 asssists, 31 key passes (these are passes leading to a shot on goal) and he created a total of 41
    chances.
    Grealish had a pass completion rate of 82.48 % and a rate of 85.71% for passes into the box.

Mason Mount 36 matches last season

Mount scored 6 goal has a total of 3 blocks, 23 Ariel duels and a total number of 125 tackles. Average 3.47

Mount has a total of 5 assists, 25 key passes and he created a total of 30 chances.

Mount had a pass completion rate of 85.18% and a rate of 46.15 % for passes into the box.

Given these statistics perhaps W B Albion's answer to Alan Whicker might acknowledge last season

Jack Grealish was at least the equal to the much heralded Mason Mount

Your 100% correct in castigating Grealish leaving the scene following his car being involved in an accident ….

However if my memory serves me didn't a W B A player once flee a very serious accident

Please feel free to discuss in a level-headed formative manner fatality

N.B F??? & C??? do not suffice as adjectives

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Lets look at Jack Grealish’s V Mason Mount’s a little closer

Grealish’s 26 matches last season

Grealish scored 6 goals had a total of 3 blocks, 27 Ariel duels and a total number of 78 tackles. Average 3.12

Grealish had a total of 10 asssists, 31 key passes (these are passes leading to a shot on goal) and he created a total of 41
    chances.
    Grealish had a pass completion rate of 82.48 % and a rate of 85.71% for passes into the box.

Mason Mount 36 matches last season

Mount scored 6 goal has a total of 3 blocks, 23 Ariel duels and a total number of 125 tackles. Average 3.47

Mount has a total of 5 assists, 25 key passes and he created a total of 30 chances.

Mount had a pass completion rate of 85.18% and a rate of 46.15 % for passes into the box.

Given these statistics perhaps W B Albion's answer to Alan Whicker might acknowledge last season

Jack Grealish was at least the equal to the much heralded Mason Mount

Your 100% correct in castigating Grealish leaving the scene following his car being involved in an accident ….

However if my memory serves me didn't a W B A player once flee a very serious accident

Please feel free to discuss in a level-headed formative manner fatality

N.B F??? & C??? do not suffice as adjectives
    Kudos, as you have clearly evolved from posting cartoons stolen from the Internet.

The difference is I am not lionising (nothing to do with the lion King BTW) Lee Hughes, I am saying that greasy is a narcasist who only cares about himself hence his tweet after the criticism from Keane.

His agent uses the press when the season ends to get a fatter contract and pledges his undying love for your s hit show.

Last year his apparent suitors were man utd, this year it is Man city.

Neither club would pay £100m for a soon to be 26 year old.

Your hero was ready to leave for spurs, but they didn't bid the £25m to get him, and he threw his toys out of the pram then and, surprise, surprise he got another bump in his wages at the time. It was under Bruce, who took great glee in telling the world about it before being hounded out with cabbages.

The difference between Mount and Grealish?

One has champions league medal the other a playoff final winners medal.

Narcissist? He isn't bright or calculating enough, moving on, does Keane being a very good midfielder automatically make him never wrong in his opinion - because in this case he clearly is, which is now verified as fact.

Grealish's agent - true, it's what they do, I don't like it at all but it's not isolated to one agent is it.

Fair play for following England away, it doesn't make your opinion any more valid than my own and your views on Grealish as a footballer if the contributions on here are a representation of the wider consensus places you firmly in the minority. The stats as reported by Freer puts your argument about his passing accuracy to bed.

Did he not in the space of 20 mins or so provide an excellent assist to Kane and the pass to Shaw for his assist? Did his introduction against Denmark not increase the attacking play enabling Sterling to win a penalty and when subbed off were England not on the backfoot? Did GS not say after the Denmark game that JG was "fantastic when he came on"? Did fans not point out that a lot of his off the ball runs were not picked up by his teammates? All this from just 170 mins gametime; was he also not MOTM in the 2 warm up games?

FA Cup Final - he was playing in a very poor side that had narrowly avoided relegation and went down the following season, he can't be expected to do it all on his own. Bruce failed in his tactics vs Fulham in the playoff final, the better team won the game. You mentioned defensive duties, he often drops deep to protect his full-back much but Dean Smith has clearly told him to do less of that last season depending on the opposition - he always gives his all, no player in the world is brilliant every single game.

Diving - he does go to ground too easily, something I don't agree with personally which has become endemic in the game. He also holds onto the ball too long at times, players can always improve - every season he has been better than the last. Kane and others have turned winning penalties into an art form, Villa didn't get too many.

Finally - he didn't throw GS under the bus, GS had already said straight after the game had finished that he was responsible for choosing the pen takers. Grealish reminded everyone that GS had got lots of decisions right when he was being hammered for a number of decisions on Sunday - he has every right to say he offered to take one. Sterling chose not to say anything, that's up to him.

I suggest we agree to disagree as there isn't really much more that can be said.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Narcissist? He isn't bright or calculating enough, moving on, does Keane being a very good midfielder automatically make him never wrong in his opinion - because in this case he clearly is, which is now verified as fact.

Grealish's agent - true, it's what they do, I don't like it at all but it's not isolated to one agent is it.

Fair play for following England away, it doesn't make your opinion any more valid than my own and your views on Grealish as a footballer if the contributions on here are a representation of the wider consensus places you firmly in the minority. The stats as reported by Freer puts your argument about his passing accuracy to bed.

Did he not in the space of 20 mins or so provide an excellent assist to Kane and the pass to Shaw for his assist? Did his introduction against Denmark not increase the attacking play enabling Sterling to win a penalty and when subbed off were England not on the backfoot? Did GS not say after the Denmark game that JG was "fantastic when he came on"? Did fans not point out that a lot of his off the ball runs were not picked up by his teammates? All this from just 170 mins gametime; was he also not MOTM in the 2 warm up games?

FA Cup Final - he was playing in a very poor side that had narrowly avoided relegation and went down the following season, he can't be expected to do it all on his own. Bruce failed in his tactics vs Fulham in the playoff final, the better team won the game. You mentioned defensive duties, he often drops deep to protect his full-back much but Dean Smith has clearly told him to do less of that last season depending on the opposition - he always gives his all, no player in the world is brilliant every single game.

Diving - he does go to ground too easily, something I don't agree with personally which has become endemic in the game. He also holds onto the ball too long at times, players can always improve - every season he has been better than the last. Kane and others have turned winning penalties into an art form, Villa didn't get too many.

Finally - he didn't throw GS under the bus, GS had already said straight after the game had finished that he was responsible for choosing the pen takers. Grealish reminded everyone that GS had got lots of decisions right when he was being hammered for a number of decisions on Sunday - he has every right to say he offered to take one. Sterling chose not to say anything, that's up to him.

I suggest we agree to disagree as there isn't really much more that can be said.
    I never said your my opinion was more valid than yours. I gave my opinion and it was YOU who said I was a "ignorant fool", which was offensive and suggested I knew nothing, so I put you straight on that told you what I did while you scratched your balls watching the games on tv.

I don't agree with the hammering of Mount, who is 3 and half years younger, played at least 30 games more (a lot for a young player) in the league and the cups, didn't have 3 months off in the middle with an injury, and who set up the winner in Champions League final. He was brilliant when he came to our place a couple years ago and progressed brilliantly imo. We'll see who ends up with more caps. Imo Barnes and Maddison will edge out Greasy in due course, to add to Mount and Foden.

I’m not overly impressed by Grealish, a good and technically gifted player without a doubt, but with some flaws: the repeated diving etc, he slows things up often with the compulsory 4-5 touches on the ball before passing it on and in the football of today pace is paramount.

And the off pitch performances really tarnish the ”bigger picture”, which for me plays a big role when forming an opinion about a player. I like the Ben Fosters and Marcus Rashfords.

And, yes, of course, there have been many Albion players with similar problems (Berahino anyone…).

The two best English players in the PL this season IMO were Foden and Mount. Mount has not impressed in the EC though, and the answer to Grealish/Mount is Foden IMO.

I think Southgate had a too negative and defensive approach all in all, and some key decisions let him down (penalty shoot out…). But, I also think that England really lack a world class creative playmaker of a central midfielder - look at the WC/EC winning countries the last 20 years (Spain, Italy, France, Germany). Rice/Phillips were very good but they hardly match that profile, and never will. Without that it is hard to win I think (and some countries have really defensive minded players who also can deliver master class passes etc, think Hummels, Busquets, Bonucci, and not Maguire…).

All in all, well done England.

The format of the EC of course farcical, all 4 sides to reach the semi finals played all group games at home, but that’s another thing (and how could Portugal/Germany/France end up in same group, and Belgium/Italy/Spain/France on the same half!?). And, yes, Sweden were on ”the poorer half” and bottled it! 😎😉
    Last edited by SwedishBaggie; 15-07-2021 at 08:12 PM.

One thing for certain is I would love to see him playing for the Albion.

Quote Originally Posted by billsbest View Post
    Well, he did, didn’t he!? 😜😃😎

Quote Originally Posted by billsbest View Post
    Ahh Billy, now that is the best and most relevant comment on here today.
    Hey lads Im sure theres always been some classy players who we have liked, or not liked actually because they play for a club who we don't like lol.
    And using the Grealish example here, whether anybody likes him or dislikes him, wouldn't it be different if he was playing for and doing it for your own team ?.

Ohh and Ive got to ask this... hey Al or Bloodie, was this one of you two in disguise ehh lol, smacking the greasy lad in the neck.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)