+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League 2021-2022

Oh Rosie, you are not a drama Queen at all, and I think most of us would be feeling sorry for ourselves if we had to endure what you've been, and are obviously still, going through.

That you are willing to give it a go, despite the bad days, just shows your strength of character.

Please don't put any pressure on yourself if you're not feeling well. If you are not feeling up to it one week, just say, and I'll happily stand in for you if I possibly can. Likewise, if you decide you need a longer break from it, just say, and I'll do my best to fill in.

Your health is the most important thing, despite us all loving your write ups, so you look after yourself. xxx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 12-08-2021 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks Winnie ❤️

I don’t want to bore you with my medical problems but I am still under the hospital so I am hoping doing something I am used to will be good for me and give me a sense of normality.

I love to read and after 5 months have just started again so that’s a good sign.

If I do struggle I will let you know. 🥰🥰🥰

Anyway at least I have an excuse when my team fail spectacularly again. 😝😛😋🤪😜

You could never bore me, Rosie.

I'm so pleased you are starting to be able to read again. I love to read too, and, like you, wasn't able to for a while with long covid, so it was a great pleasure when I was able to be able to start doing that again. It's funny how much you appreciate the simple things when you can't do them. I get you wanting to try something that you are used to doing to try and regain some "normality". I imagine the distraction might help if you are up to it ... For completely different reasons, I found I just had to give things a go to see if I was up to doing them again, or not, so lots of trial and error. I found the most useful indicator was if I had the desire to try something, it was usually the right time. Just had to be careful not to over do it to begin with ... A completely different situation for you, of course.

Ha ha, well you've already won the VMFL prize for first in with your excuses. I'm sure you wont be needing them. I'm already working on mine !

Get Winnie and Rosie on the phone together and they could even rival my wife and her sister 😀

Winnie could tall the legs off a table. I won't pick on Rosie as she's poorly and learning to read.

Quote Originally Posted by birminghamborn View Post
    Get Winnie and Rosie on the phone together and they could even rival my wife and her sister ��
    Ha ha it's what us girls do best, BB!

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    Winnie could tall the legs off a table.
    Says Mr Chattypants who can talk non-stop for 3 hours at a time! I can barely get 20,000 words in edgeways!

BB. Oz could out talk even your wife and sister on the phone! All by himself. He's that bad. Truly. Giggles. xx

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Says Mr Chattypants who can talk non-stop for 3 hours at a time! I can barely get 20,000 words in edgeways!

BB. Oz could out talk even your wife and sister on the phone! All by himself. He's that bad. Truly. Giggles. xx

If there was an Olympic talking event between Oz and my cousin I would back my cousin all the way for the Gold Medal🥇

😛😋

Week 1 ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

A big welcome back to our managers who I suspect have been hoping and dreaming 💭 that they will be the chosen one to lift the Fantasy League Trophy 🏆 at the end of the 2021-2022 season.🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞.

However, some of us might be having second thoughts at the end of gameweek 1 and be happy to avoid relegation. 😱
    😰

CAPTAIN WATCH

9 players entrusted with the armband. Top managers pick Salah with 9 votes.

1. Fernandes 40 points - Tactical genius Oz💥 was the only manager to give him the armband.

2. Salah 34 points - Sam, HJ, Harry, Winnie, Picasso, Nuc, Yubby, Bongo and David.

3. Ings 14 points - Gornal and BB.

4. Wilson 12 points - Gavin.

5. Mane 6 points - Rosie.

6. Jimenez/Bamford 4 points - Iwuz,Dazzy and AV.

Joint last Sancho/JG 2 points - Liam and Jesh.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK

An amazing start for our existing champ Sam with Mings & Ings & Tings looking to retain his crown with an eye watering 112 points💥 runner up son Harry and Harribos Fangtastics with 103 points.

Well played the Hubble boys. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6

Our first top 6 after gameweek 1

1. Mings & Ings & Tings.

2. Harribos Fangtastics.

3. Winnie’s Warriors.

4. Lord of the Ings.

5. Donald Trump United.

6. Oztan Villa.

Senior and junior Hubble leading the way 1 and 2 respectively.

Winnie slips quietly into 3rd so Sam won’t notice her.

David glides into 4th.

Bongo creeps into 5th.

Oz talks his way into 6th. 😜

RELEGATION 😱

Obviously only game week 1 so no panic BUT 👁

16. Barmy Army & Bolans boogie boys.

17. Kirkley Krusaders.

18. Aston Liam.

Dazzy and The Boogie King need to revisit their tactics.

Jesh unaccustomed to this lowly position but that what happens when you chose our former player as captain 😜🤪😝😛

Liam just a blip obviously.

WEEKLY DRONGO AWARD.

Our coveted award goes to Liam and Aston Liam with 24 points.

TOKENS

Bench Boost - Sam who accumulated a spectacular 112 points.

Bench Boost - Rosie who accumulated a crappy 44 points. 3 players got zero points thanks to Messrs Guardiola, Bielsa and Hasenhutl omitting them from their team sheets. 🤬

We welcome aboard the Villamad Fantasy League rollercoaster TD and hopefully Staffs with effect from Gameweek 2🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢

Interestingly or not only 3 managers had our former player in their team. Jesh, Nuc and David.

Gameweek 2 starts 21st August

Team sheets in by 11am.

Cheers Rosie and well done Sam. Ive took a 4 point hit already!

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)