+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Millers Encounters

Random Millers Encounters

Have you ever come across a Rotherham player or member of staff unexpectedly ?
    Happened to me once or twice, first time was around '99,my brother and I were going to ticket office fot some FA cup tickets one morning.
    Outside the office was Ronnie Hoovering out his car(a rather nice Peugeot 406 coupe),and we said hello and he stopped what he was doing, and chatted to us for a good 10 minutes.
    He was exactly as you would expect, funny and very friendly, top bloke.

Breck in 3 horse shoes Wickersley & Bookies across road for Cheltenham festival he talks. One Friday he was in shoes with Albert Bennett & David Carver chatted to both really nice blokes. Seen Evans & Rayner in shoes but never said anything to them I must have been star struck re. Evans!

Met my dad about 52 years ago. I was star struck then and still am every time I've seen him since. My hero a true miller

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Have you ever come across a Rotherham player or member of staff unexpectedly ?
    Happened to me once or twice, first time was around '99,my brother and I were going to ticket office fot some FA cup tickets one morning.
    Outside the office was Ronnie Hoovering out his car(a rather nice Peugeot 406 coupe),and we said hello and he stopped what he was doing, and chatted to us for a good 10 minutes.
    He was exactly as you would expect, funny and very friendly, top bloke.
    You went to the ground and saw the manager….not very high in the unexpected stakes..!..

He wasn’t picking up bin liners of clothes up was he by any chance…

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Breck in 3 horse shoes Wickersley & Bookies across road for Cheltenham festival he talks. One Friday he was in shoes with Albert Bennett & David Carver chatted to both really nice blokes. Seen Evans & Rayner in shoes but never said anything to them I must have been star struck re. Evans!
    I am sure there would have been a player you wernt happy with at somepoint under evans you could have questioned him about…

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I am sure there would have been a player you wernt happy with at somepoint under evans you could have questioned him about…
    Becchio Ledesma for starters. Brindley Addison Paul Green Bowery not a fan of any though Green was at the veteran stage when we signed him.

I was once on Holiday in Portugal and Ray Mountford was in the same hotel, that is after he packed in playing.

I once ran into Neil Richardson at Pargkate Retail World and was so gobsmacked I thought he was Lee Glover. Oops.

I met Ronnie and Breck in a queue for a plane at East mids airport. It was just after we avoided relegation from cship in their second season as managers in that div. We,d lost to Walsall a day or so before and by coincidence their players were in the airport bar. Ronnie and Breck were very chatty for about 20 mins and were taking the P big time out of their players. Hilarious.
    They were off to stay with Neil Freeman who had a place on Jersey. He was one of the people trying to take over the club from Ken Booth and I think he was the original recipient of the phrase show us your munny and deposit it in Barclays bank. He didn't have enough to buy the club so it didn't happen.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 16-07-2021 at 12:18 PM.

-----

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast