+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Home v Arbroath Today

Not quite accurate from Dick. More accurate to say, we spent our time kicking some young lads. Ultimately United just stopped playing and let us mess around with the ball without achieving anything.

Well done everyone else who stayed awake in the second half.

Seriously though, good to encounter some adversity. Having to play with 10 and being as comfortable doing so, was a decent test. Learnt more about the young lads once again.

Freeman looked great again when he came on. 👍

Again.....on the wireless.....Charlie Mulgrew saying we have some of the best kids at a club he's ever seen.......i won't believe it until some zoomer from AA tells me otherwise....aye Arabdownsouth

Great goal from the set piece which tricked Arbroath's keeper.

3 wins in a row is good, but for the majority of the 2nd half Arbroath were the better team and missed a complete sitter.

Did Benji have a save to make? Different performance from Elgin, but we were comfortable in possession. Going down to 10 men was a bonus test too, handled it well

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Not quite accurate from Dick. More accurate to say, we spent our time kicking some young lads..
    This. Thon ‘tackle’ was an absolute shocker. I think Meekison did a ‘Zidane’ turn on the boy and as it was caught on the camera you could could actually see baith the Campbells going tonto in the area just because of Archie’s skill. Then, bang, in comes the tackle. Is that what Scottish football has come to? Young laddies cannae go out and express themselves against older pros in case they get totally smashed in retaliation egged on by dinosaur coaches? TBF, last season thon St Mirren boy did the same on Chalmers and rightly got the red card but today, for a ref who spotted the pens v St Mirren last season so quickly Beaton was strangely lethargic in spotting that today. Chalmers unfortunately was virtually out for the season afterward. Hope Meekison doesn’t suffer the same fate.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 17-07-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Again.....on the wireless.....Charlie Mulgrew saying we have some of the best kids at a club he's ever seen.......i won't believe it until some zoomer from AA tells me otherwise....aye Arabdownsouth
    exactly zoomers have a bad reputation on here but all hail the zoomers

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    This. Thon ‘tackle’ was an absolute shocker. I think Meekison did a ‘Zidane’ turn on the boy and as it was caught on the camera you could could actually see baith the Campbells going tonto in the area just because of Archie’s skill. Then, bang, in comes the tackle. Is that what Scottish football has come to? Young laddies cannae go out and express themselves against older pros in case they get totally smashed in retaliation egged on by dinosaur coaches? TBF, last season thon St Mirren boy did the same on Chalmers and rightly got the red card but today, for a ref who spotted the pens v St Mirren last season so quickly Beaton was strangely lethargic in spotting that today. Chalmers unfortunately was virtually out for the season afterward. Hope Meekison doesn’t suffer the same fate.
    yup and i hope he is ok. unless you have the old firm badge or are from west coast refs dont care and neither do the sfa.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Please go back to the original 'It's United' over the tannoy... Horrendous hearing that version over the radio
    With you on that... bowfin

"Did Benji have a save to make"?

I don't think Arbroath's keeper had any save to make in the 2nd half - I think if Arbroath had a better finisher they would have almost certainly scored.

United with 10 men appeared to be hanging on for the win.

3 wins in 3 games is good, but Arbroath controlled the midfield yesterday and for a part-time team looked just as fit as United.

Having said that, I think most of the bottom 6 teams in the Premier League would find it hard going playing teams like Arbroath and Dunfermline etc - but there was little between the two teams yesterday.

United's defence did their job yesterday, but a full time team with a better finisher would likely have scored with all the possession Arbroath had in the 2nd half.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)