+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: fans reluctant to return to New York stadium

Rotherham United
    @OfficialRUFC
    ·
    3m
    There will be an announcement in the coming days with regards to the post COVID-19 arrangements and protocols for attending fixtures at AESSEAL New York Stadium, along with the on-going stadium car park works at the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    My suggestion would be to weigh up the risks and after doing so if it's still a concern then perhaps don't go
    In my view the risks are low enough to make it a yes and that's down to the event being outside, arriving early so not in a queue, avoid WC's and concourses at HT, most people will have had the vaccine, wearing a mask is sensible and try not to hug any randomers when we beat the grunters again
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Rotherham United
    @OfficialRUFC
    ·
    3m
    There will be an announcement in the coming days with regards to the post COVID-19 arrangements and protocols for attending fixtures at AESSEAL New York Stadium, along with the on-going stadium car park works at the ground.
    Empty stadium for months so they pick now to do something in the car parks?

Any idea what?

Masks only protect others around you so wearing a mask doesn't keep you safe. Picked granddaughter up from school today. 4 parents out of 47 in the yard were wearing masks. I get both sides of the argument though beer and footy can be volatile at best of times. O can see plenty of disgruntled customers

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Any idea what?
    It’s Rotherham what you expect? 😉
    No idea probably painting lines 😂

Some on here need to grow a pair.Like flu we've got to live with this and the vaccine is doing the job.Get a life.

I can't wait for my Covid booster, then my flu jab, then my pneumonia jab.... Happy Days..

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Any idea what?
    Aren't parts of the car park being used as a contractor compound for works nearby, with Don Street access closed. Assume that these will finish before start of season otherwise we'll all leave via New York Way

For what it's worth I agree with the common sense majority. If it were about me only I wouldn't worry. I'm highly unlikely to be seriously affected if I got covid, especially with a jab (at the moment), or two (soon ish) but the reality is it isn't about me. It never has been. That is what we need to respect, mask up in close quarters because some people could seriously be affected if they catch it. And also some just don't feel comfortable still up close and personal, it won't hurt in those moments. Some people don't want to be near you still, some don't really care. Just respect those who are still cautious, they're probably the sensible ones.

If I were in a cluster of fans all around my age and you knew were comfortable then I wouldn't wear a mask. I don't know if that makes me reckless, perhaps a tad. If I were in a cluster with a load of older fans then my approach would be much different. Horses for courses.

Oh and a small sidenote, be interesting to see if they extend ifollow coverage to those in the UK again this season upcoming. Helps generate income for the club, helps fan who live a long way away, medically find it difficult to attend, financially etc. And for those who are hesitant because of Covid.

On the ifollow website it says that games available in the upcoming season haven't been decided upon yet. Leaving it late as per.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast