+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: BK Häcken Match Thread & Roll Call

Nice surprise after sitting on the back of ambulance for two hours...couldn't even follow it on my phone. Looked at the BBC website and it seems to have Ojo playing wide in midfield in a 442...just how was the team set up?

Didna see that result coming at a but I’m putting that down to years of watching McInnes and his negative approach to games like that tonight , he’d have shut up shop at 2 nil and probably gone over there 2-2 or 2-1 at best ….

Anyway it’s a new Era and that was a great performance tonight and lots to be positive about , JET and Ramirez both look good signings and the likes of Fergie and McCrorie and dare I say it Ojo all look invigorated under the new regime.

Glass gets judged from here on in for me and he just got off to a flier so well done to all tonight and let’s keep playing football like that please …..oh but Davie C please dinna be giving up your dodgy day job and become a pundit because it didna suit you min ! Just stick to giving Glass the well washed fivers!

I hate to put a dampener on tonight but I see the final will be played In the Tirana 22,000 capacity stadium, which means we will only get around 3,000 tickets for the final

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    Nice surprise after sitting on the back of ambulance for two hours...couldn't even follow it on my phone. Looked at the BBC website and it seems to have Ojo playing wide in midfield in a 442...just how was the team set up?
    Hope you are okay min.

Yes Ojo was playing wide left with Hayes at left back, Hedges played wide right. Brown and Ferguson played central midfield with Brown more sitting and Ferguson getting forward more. Ramirez played as an out and out centre forward with JET floating about pretty much everywhere and anywhere, to great effect (winning everything in the air as well). Ojo did surprisingly well and might even have had a couple of goals with a bit more composure.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Hope you are okay min.

Yes Ojo was playing wide left with Hayes at left back, Hedges played wide right. Brown and Ferguson played central midfield with Brown more sitting and Ferguson getting forward more. Ramirez played as an out and out centre forward with JET floating about pretty much everywhere and anywhere, to great effect (winning everything in the air as well). Ojo did surprisingly well and might even have had a couple of goals with a bit more composure.
    Cheers Redzone, I wasn't the patient, just hot and tired and should have been finished by kick off. Hospitals have gone mental where I am.

So we've binned the 5 at the back and gone for what a kind of diamond (love that on football manager) or flexible 442. Glass was probably right in that they had no idea how we were going to line up. Impressed he's seemingly found Ojo a new position rather than his usual anchor man in role that provides nothing to the team. Did not see a performance like that coming...well... didn't see it at all tbf

Jeezo, where to start ? Well maybe just being back inside the old girl was emotional.

We started slow and Haken looked decent on the ball going forward. But after their free kick chance we took the game by the scruff of the neck and dominated. Hedges and Ramsay were very good on the right, Brown and Ferguson dominated the middle and JET and Ramirez linked up well up front.

If anyone scripted Considine to score our first goal with fans back, I wouldn’t have believed them. Seen the video of his pure emotion after scoring, yes he is slow, yes he is not brilliant, but he is red through and through.

Brilliant to see us continually pushing for more goals, that is what we pay to see.

It’s only one game, and “one swallow and all that” , but christ that was good tonight.

That was thrilling to watch! Absolute class. So different to the past and a very exciting brand of football on show, and great debuts by all the new players. now off ti bed or I'll miss work 😯😁

Well, like most of us I didn’t see that coming.

Absolutely top notch. Really good all over the park.

I don’t mind admitting when I’m wrong and my feeling we’d be well undercooked was completely unfounded.

Great zip, aggression, pressing, passing and attacking intent. The 3 debutants were all excellent and the 2 young loons at FB did really well - Ramsay especially.

Fergie more like his old self and a special mention for Ojo. I think we all groaned when we saw him in the team but he was really good and showed a level of attacking intent I’ve never seen from him before - keep it up min.

If I was being hyper critical, the CH pairing had a few hairy moments and the goal we conceded wasn’t great, but that’s far outweighed by the overall performance.

Such a refreshing change from the McInnes approach and really great to see a Dons team keep going for goals once a couple up.

My only note of caution is we did something similar to that Georgian mob a couple of years back before it went tits up, but Glass seems a different animal fae McInnes so hopefully nothing to worry about.

You’ve set the standard now lads, well done, excellent performance and let’s keep that level up from here on in.

COYR 😎⭐️⭐️👏👏👏
    Last edited by The_Moog; 23-07-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post

If anyone scripted Considine to score our first goal with fans back, I wouldn’t have believed them.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Prediction - 2-1 Nae convinced they’re great at crosses. Considine to get the first face a corner, JET or Hedges to get the other one

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Well, like most of us I didn’t see that coming.

Absolutely top notch. Really good all over the park.

I don’t mind admitting when I’m wrong and my feeling we’d be well undercooked was completely unfounded.

Great zip, aggression, pressing, passing and attacking intent. The 3 debutants were all excellent and the 2 young loons at FB did really well - Ramsay especially.

Fergie more like his old self and a special mention for Ojo. I think we all groaned when we saw him in the team but he was really good and showed a level of attacking intent I’ve never seen from him before - keep it up min.

If I was being hyper critical, the CH pairing had a few hairy moments and the goal we conceded wasn’t great, but that’s far outweighed by the overall performance.

Such a refreshing change from the McInnes approach and really great to see a Dons team keep going for goals once a couple up.

My only note of caution is we did something similar to that Georgian mob a couple of years back before it went tits up, but Glass seems a different animal fae McInnes so hopefully nothing to worry about.

You’ve set the standard now lads, well done, excellent performance and let’s keep that level up from here on in.

COYR 😎⭐️⭐️👏👏👏
    Have to hole my hands up and admit the same. I fully expected us to struggle against a team mid way through their season. Jesus…I couldn’t be the following:

1. More delighted to be wrong.
    2. More surprised at how much better we appear than last year
    3. A ballet dancer. Previous leg injuries would play havoc.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast