+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pathway to first team coach at Dundee United Football Club.

I hope that our current coaching team, and if that includes young Asghar then so be it, do the best they can do, because if they succeed we as supporters will hopefully see some good young players wearing the Tangerine.

I personally don't really care who the coaching staff is. I've seen guys who I've idolised become manager or be on the backroom staff and we've been rubbish or guys i've never heard of but managed to win a cup so at the end of the day it doesn't matter really.

As long as they are trying their best for the club while improving the players and making united win.

extreme circumstances can come into certain appointments but in general this is my thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I'd have him in charge here in a heartbeat
    Really? You want this guy managing our club? 😂

https://youtu.be/0juSJ6f3X24

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    We also tried throwing money at developing youngish players with a mind to selling them on to make millions under Thompson but that failed big time after spunking around £350k on Charlie Telfer and Robbie Muirhead. Thompson thought MacNamara had the midas touch after the Andy Robertson sale but obviously the man was clueless (MacNamara & Thompson)

Ogren will have to get a massive slice of luck to get any of his money back through future player sales and I wish him well I really do but if thie model is so successful then why isn't everyone else doing it? Maybe they are to a lesser extent but we seem to be throwing an affy lot of money on one hell of a gamble.
    That first paragraph there is exactly why i dont understand why people cannot see parallels in the current goings on when it all went wrong before under ST!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Cheers mate,its a rags to riches tale of how someone managed to go from a Motherwell high school as a qualified YOUTH coach to the first team at Tannadice.
    A truly remarkable achievement by Adam.I wonder how much his pay rise was?,doesna matter we are loaded.
    It's all getting a bit boring mate

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Adam's dying?
    What the phukk is wrong with you ya nugget

OMG delete this thread please ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    OMG delete this thread please ffs
    Why?.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    It's all getting a bit boring mate
    Its anything but mate.I am only a couple of badges behind him do you think the Bandit may give me a go?.You do realise he is a youth coach working with the first team eh?.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    In my opinion, no. This is just another angle to attack those running the club. As I've said already, they got us up and kept us up so for me they have ticked all the boxes so far. Would people raise an eyebrow if a guy in their workplace helped his lad get a job? I doubt it, happens all the time. If he's qualified then let him prove himself, simples.
    He has went from an Assistant School Coach to the DUFC 1st team dugout in less than 3.5 years.In a real life scenario its frying the chips in McDonalds to a senior management position in the blink of an eye.
    This is not a simple case of a father helping out his son to deliver milk or pick tatties etc this is Dundee United we are talking about and i'm perfectly entitled to voice an opinion on it.
    He nor Tam are qualified none of them have a UEFA Pro licence neither does our NO2.As far as i'm aware all of them are a level below the required level to coach a professional club in the Premiership.The course to reach the required level costs thousands of pounds and i hope The Bandit will not be using the Ogrens and our money to fund ALL them going on it.
    As an example Micky Mellon funded his own course at ST George's Park.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)