+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Captain & Vice Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    At the expense of being criticised again my take on our current position is, rookie manager, debut assistant gaffa, no proper experienced first team coach new appointment pending, rookie captain and rookie vice skipper. We are what we are. Flying by the seat of our pants. Wafer thin midfield wafer thin squad overall. Mid table beckoning but im hoping formtop 7
    'No proper experienced first team coach'? We have Ian Burchnall.
    'Rookie manager'? We have Ian Burchnall.
    'Rookie captain'? Three years as vice captain for KC at Torquay is plenty.
    A 'wafer thin midfield' containing the former England youth (at multiple age groups) and Man City U23 skipper, highly experienced and multi-promoted Matty Palmer, talented Frank Vincent plus Jim O'Brien, Ruben if required and even Doyle at a push doesn't sound so wafer thin to me either.

Not criticising as we're all entitled to our views but I think you need to take some optimism tablets and be at least temporarily a tad more hopeful Kelton. If you can't feel optimistic at this point of the season then when?

I'll freely admit that, as this is Notts, there's a high probability of catastrophic disappointment thereafter but at least try to enjoy this bit
    Last edited by SwalePie; 31-07-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Durhampie has been well and truly replaced. I'm calling Kelton "Butter" cos he's on a roll this preseason.

All Yin no Yan.

Superb stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    'No proper experienced first team coach'? We have Ian Burchnall.
    'Rookie manager'? We have Ian Burchnall.
    'Rookie captain'? Three years as vice captain for KC at Torquay is plenty.
    A 'wafer thin midfield' containing the former England youth (at multiple age groups) and Man City U23 skipper, highly experienced and multi-promoted Matty Palmer, talented Frank Vincent plus Jim O'Brien, Ruben if required and even Doyle at a push doesn't sound so wafer thin to me either.

Not criticising as we're all entitled to our views but I think you need to take some optimism tablets and be at least temporarily a tad more hopeful Kelton. If you can't feel optimistic at this point of the season then when?

I'll freely admit that, as this is Notts, there's a high probability of catastrophic disappointment thereafter but at least try to enjoy this bit
    I've got some optimism because of the attacking flair we seem to have, but also some concerns, the main one being the midfield. It's a completely new one apart from JOB, so I don't know what to expect. We've got the younger legs many wanted, but will they gel as a unit? Also not sure on the back three. I was never confident when teams ran at us last season, let's hope IB can sort the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've got some optimism because of the attacking flair we seem to have, but also some concerns, the main one being the midfield. It's a completely new one apart from JOB, so I don't know what to expect. We've got the younger legs many wanted, but will they gel as a unit? Also not sure on the back three. I was never confident when teams ran at us last season, let's hope IB can sort the problems.
    I guess it all comes down to how effective IB and his coaching team can be at assembling them as a team that makes use of the talent effectively. I am hopeful and even a little excited at the prospect of some genuine pace in the team too but obviously anything can happen, especially at Notts in recent decades.

At the expense of being criticised again my take on our current position is, rookie manager, debut assistant gaffa, no proper experienced first team coach new appointment pending, rookie captain and rookie vice skipper. We are what we are. Flying by the seat of our pants. Wafer thin midfield wafer thin squad overall. Mid table beckoning but im hoping formtop 7
    " I just pissed myself at your post " - I didn't realise just how big a tw*t you really are!!

Always good to hear the opinions of the minority.

Fortunatley you are in a minority of one.

P.S. If you've watched Notts as long as I have then anything...I mean anything...is possible

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    " I just pissed myself at your post " - I didn't realise just how big a tw*t you really are!!
    It maybe a one sided view to the extreme but no need for that Banjo.

Swale makes a good point regarding a lot will come down to just how effective IB and team's coaching is throughout the season. How much can he squeeze out of this squad?

I'm too delighted to finally have a Notts side with genuine pace and mobility, we've not been able to say that for far too long. Exciting times especially under an exciting young head coach.

Agree with Elite , the big question mark for me is still as ever the midfield. It's the big unknown of this squad.

I still don’t really know what you think the rest of the teams in this league are. Notts will, once again, start with one of the biggest and most experienced squads in the division.

Will they be good? Dunno, that’s the joy of it, but if you told fans of at least three quarters of the other teams in the division that we’re wafer thin and lacking experience they would laugh in your face.

Think we will know better after tomorrow when they are up against the higher opposition. Every team in our league will have their strengths and frailties, peoples viewpoints are ruled by the glass half full/half empty mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I know what you mean Elite, but if they are fit, Lacey, Cameron and Rawlinson should be on par with any other defence in our league. I would have liked to have seen some more pace across the back and do worry that we will be unable to stop the crosses with our attacking wing backs. I'd imagine Chicksen will be filling in as LCB and Brindley as RCB when needed.

As for midfield, the jury is out. Who knows what they will do next season! Still seems a bit lightweight to me. Would like to see us sign a big, brick shizzlehouse/rat type, but don't think IB is up for that vibe.

Still a striker and a wide forward away from a complete squad for me. But there is always the loan market to cover injuries.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast