+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Livingston away

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Match day COYR
    Oot on Red TV International as norm.

Scrappy game 0-1 McGinn with a later winner after coming on as a late sub.
    Hope you’re enjoying life, my man.

I’m not attending, but eldest is. He has done sod all research and obviously goalposts changing all the time. Is there any COVID expectation e.g. lateral flow result, turn up an hour early etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney77 View Post
    Hope you’re enjoying life, my man.

I’m not attending, but eldest is. He has done sod all research and obviously goalposts changing all the time. Is there any COVID expectation e.g. lateral flow result, turn up an hour early etc?
    All good here Sid cheers, hope all good with you and yours as well pal, any plans to be heading back out to this part of the world, keep in touch min.

Aye the goalposts move and change day by day its a cLUsTer FcUK

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    All good here Sid cheers, hope all good with you and yours as well pal, any plans to be heading back out to this part of the world, keep in touch min.

Aye the goalposts move and change day by day its a cLUsTer FcUK
    Hope all is well with you BUS.

That was the worst type of performance and it harked back to last season; sideways/backwards passing until someone hoofed it up in the air to nobody in particular. There hasn't been a game this season where we could say yep, we had complete control there...but we're winning most games (so far) so not too many are asking questions. Even the BBC journo at the game, Jane Lewis (I think), her report was so lightweight, it didn't touch in the slightest just how poor Aberdeen were on Sunday, not a mention. I'm not confident going into any game based on what I've seen so far and tbh I think the first decent test is yet to come, and after it does, then I fear that the real questions will start.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    That was the worst type of performance and it harked back to last season; sideways/backwards passing until someone hoofed it up in the air to nobody in particular. There hasn't been a game this season where we could say yep, we had complete control there...but we're winning most games (so far) so not too many are asking questions. Even the BBC journo at the game, Jane Lewis (I think), her report was so lightweight, it didn't touch in the slightest just how poor Aberdeen were on Sunday, not a mention. I'm not confident going into any game based on what I've seen so far and tbh I think the first decent test is yet to come, and after it does, then I fear that the real questions will start.
    So far we are two games into the league, the first being a game we were in total control of and three game in Europe, one we finished 5-1 going on 10-1.

****ing hell

This should really be on the other thread, my bad. Fair enough Aldo, but so far we have lost 2-0 to a bunch of Euro lightweights, lost 2 terrible goals to another bunch of Euro lightweights, and on another day would have taken a deserved nothing out of Livi away. Even a terrible Utd side created a few chances that couldve been tucked away. My point is that this team still looks brittle and dare I say powder puff, which is not surprising really when you see who is still there.

Couple points worth remembering.
    The two teams we have faced in Europe are well into their seasons and are match fit .
    Look how Irish teams fair in qualifying rounds since moved to summer league .
    One of these teams knocked out an Austrian team in previous round .
    We cannot be considered heavyweights in Europe until can regularly qualify for group stages .

Utd went on to beat Der Hun, playing same way they did against us .

We are far from perfect and teams will always have chances against us .It's how many chances we create and score is main worry.

I dont think anyone has ever considered our beloved Dons Euro heavyweights. For me main worry is a shaky defense that includes a goalie who is becoming less reliable, and a midfield that has already been overrun (at times) in several games. Jenks' was a fine strike that hit the net, but it could just as easily not have, and the winning goal was thanks to one of the worst goalie howlers we'll see all season. It was a shocker of a performance that included not only aforementioned shaky defence, unreliable goalkeeping, and overrun midfield, but in general, a side clueless how to pass through a sitting defense....leading to sideways/backwards/long ball drudgery of last season. Not only that, but the team didn't even start to play until they had a presumed rocket at HT. How many times have we seen that in recent past!! Next up Tynecastle where our record has been atrocious for years. Unless we come out the traps from the first whistle, a first league defeat is the likely outcome. I like Glass, he speaks well, and I absolutely want him to succeed. But imho quality of performances have been slightly exaggerated so far this season and this stuff should be pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    I dont think anyone has ever considered our beloved Dons Euro heavyweights. For me main worry is a shaky defense that includes a goalie who is becoming less reliable, and a midfield that has already been overrun (at times) in several games. Jenks' was a fine strike that hit the net, but it could just as easily not have, and the winning goal was thanks to one of the worst goalie howlers we'll see all season. It was a shocker of a performance that included not only aforementioned shaky defence, unreliable goalkeeping, and overrun midfield, but in general, a side clueless how to pass through a sitting defense....leading to sideways/backwards/long ball drudgery of last season. Not only that, but the team didn't even start to play until they had a presumed rocket at HT. How many times have we seen that in recent past!! Next up Tynecastle where our record has been atrocious for years. Unless we come out the traps from the first whistle, a first league defeat is the likely outcome. I like Glass, he speaks well, and I absolutely want him to succeed. But imho quality of performances have been slightly exaggerated so far this season and this stuff should be pointed out.
    100%

The trajectory we are on inevitable leads to a real doing against a decent side. No one could have complained if the bottom team had won 3-0 the other day.

I hope Glass can avoid this . time will tell.

I considered us Euro Heavyweights.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast