+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dishwashers

Thanks for your recommendation, but I'd prefer to ask real people.

I had Which for many years and found it totally reliable, albeit a bit out of date by the time the reviews were printed. Some items had been replaced or updated when it came to an actual purchase.

For a dishwasher I wouldn’t go beyond a Bosch. I’m currently using a fitted one and had a free-standing one before. I bought it 20 years ago, used it for a while then moved into a house that had a Bosch machine fitted, so it went into the garage. A couple of years later I gave it to my daughter, not really expecting it to work. Took it to her place, fitted it and it worked perfectly. She’s moved about three times since then and it’s still going strong without a single problem.

With dishwashers and washing machines my advice is always to go with a simple machine from a good manufacturer. How many programmes do you need? Two or three at the most in my experience so don’t pay for tech that you don’t need. It’s just more to go wrong.

Oh, and Miele are the dog’s b­ollocks when it comes to vacuum cleaners. A cylinder works best.

I have a built in vacuum cleaner with four wall outlets you plug into. The suction power is tremendous.

Biggest issue I had with it was the cleaner Mrs Piglet insisted we employed (pre-covid) didn't respect the hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    I have a built in vacuum cleaner with four wall outlets you plug into. The suction power is tremendous.

Biggest issue I had with it was the cleaner Mrs Piglet insisted we employed (pre-covid) didn't respect the hose.
    There's a lot in that statement that I suspect has thankfully gone right over my head

It's 100% face value, Popo. No hidden meaning or double entendre intended.

Thanks to the love shown by Howoldboy and Griff to their vacuum cleaners, I invested in a Miele dishwasher today.

Nothing like investing in a quality kitchen appliance on a Saturday morning to ease the disappointment of the first game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    Thanks to the love shown by Howoldboy and Griff to their vacuum cleaners, I invested in a Miele dishwasher today.

Nothing like investing in a quality kitchen appliance on a Saturday morning to ease the disappointment of the first game of the season.
    You can't go wrong with a German.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)