+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EFL ? still want clubs to take the knee ,

Well said Animal

Some great points made on this thread by all ,

Well as far as I see it the Qatar World Cup in 15 months time represents everything that's wrong with society today .

I think it's pretty much fair to say corruption had an hand in Qatar winning the World Cup vote .

Exploitation of Migrant workers to build the stadiums and infrastructure with a great loss of human life .

Just exactly as good a moment in history do you want to use football as a vehicle to strive for a more equal society ? .

Given the BLM fanfare and taking the knee then the players inside our stadiums , governing bodies and tv would be all over it ? ........right !!!!

You bet I'm calling this out .

If Gareth and his mission to stick to this thing throughout the Euros wants to develop some teeth .

Then .....

Walk away from the World Cup .

Make the ultimate sacrifice in footballing terms .

You want to use this game as a vehicle to promote a better and more equal society then you go all the way .

Turn up next December in the first group game and drop on one knee .

The hypocrisy ain't lost on me .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What I find remarkable is the fact nobody within the game in England seems to want to involve themselves in the human tragedy that is the 2022 Qatar World cup .

The huge loss of migrant worker lives during the construction programme .

Exploitation of migrant workers .

The Qatar human rights record .

Have I heard the FA condemning what's occurred in Qatar ?

Nope .

Have I heard Raheem Sterling , Marcus Rashford or Tyrone Mings speaking out and making it known they aren't prepared to represent England in Qatar .

What about the tv pundits ?

When Ian Wright thumps the table on BT Sports and screams " more must be done " what does that mean ?

Are you prepared to stay at home Ian and forfeit a four week jolly in Qatar plus a good salary ?

Will Rio Ferdinand , Micah Richards and Jermain Jenas follow him in his stance ? .

If you really believe in this thing then what's one World Cup given the sacrifices Martin Luther King , Nelson Mandela and Malcolm X made in fighting racism and inequality ? .

The probable truth is that in reality you won't do anything that threatens your careers and bank balance .

Virtue Signallers ??

Hmmm , more than a hint .
    Absolutely spot on post Animal .
    Total double standards of players like sterling who speak out about BLM matters

Plenty of booing at our game in Cardiff , drowned out by some , maybe the broadcaster playing their part ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123