+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A message, thoughts on Grealish

Look Forward, Absolutely. I see The club are offerinh refunds or exchange on all new Tops with Jacks name or number on it. Does that mean they are going to retire the shirt number???

Spot on Picasso - great post mate.

On another note, as good as Jack was for us, we were becoming easy to work out, Southampton and west ham come to mind. Stop Jack you stop Villa....well that wont be happening now. We are not Man City but have players to cause people problems all over the pitch!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Look Forward, Absolutely. I see The club are offerinh refunds or exchange on all new Tops with Jacks name or number on it. Does that mean they are going to retire the shirt number???
    Behave, man. All it means is that the Club is doing the decent thing. Jack should be refunding the shirts, he modeled them. Everyone chose (when they knew he was leaving) to say fux all.

Buendia has been given the #10. Targett #3, Martinez #1, Young #18, Ings #20.

Each to their own and freedom of speech and all that n different opinions but after watching jacks tweet where it was just clips of him from a baby laid on a villa blanket to him growing up in villa kits etc it touched me and can’t get me head round how anyone can call him a snake n traitor or Judas as he’s given many a year of dedication to our great club and his great club and he deserves a crack at the big time if we can’t offer it !! I really hope he is a hit at city..

I agree with you Dazzy,re the name calling etc, we need to have a little more class than the team and fans he has signed for, but that last bit of your comment is the bit many fans are struggling to deal with, IF we couldnt give him a crack at the big time, our improvement over last season with a limited squad was immense, and we have improved that squad considerably so why not with us? Immaterial now, he has made his choice, and tweets/comments about how he loves(ed) the Villa really only fans the flames for those who see this as a sellout by him, his "people" need to have a word and tell him to leave it alone now its done move on, nothing more to see here, new season, new Villa, I cant wait!

Looking back now I feel a bit cheated, during the Euros, like every villa fan, I was screaming at the TV for Safegate to bring Grealish on, now we all know, he was actually in the process of leaving and becoming a Citizen. No wonder he gave hes boots away, probably had AVFC stitched on them!! We can all expect to see them on E-bay now!

Did anyone see Jack in training with Citeh? he never got one ball passed to him... looked like the fat kid at school who no-one passed to. new regime now Jack... You aint the star!

Jack has been a great player for Aston Villa ... but just like any other player that leaves us he is no longer a Villa player ... I wish him all the best at his new club and hope he does well .... but my focus is on the players who are here now ...

I will never boo him ... in fact I will never boo an ex Villa player and that includes Fabian Delph ... but likewise I will not pay him any special attention ... he now plays for another football club ...

I remember losing Bruce Rioch, John Gidman, Andy Gray, Gordon Cowans, David Platt, Gareth Barry ... all great Villa players ... and in most cases we went on to better things ...

So ..farewell Jack ... thanks for the memories ... and welcome Buedina, Young, Baily and Ings ..

UTV

I was 9 when Rioch left. There were no Transfer windows then, so for me, the sale was like a bolt of lightning; I was shattered by it. Later I’d found out from my old man that he’d heard rumours around Xmas, but he kept it quiet. I’ve never let a player leaving affect me since.

Ok, I was p1ssed off with Gray & Gidman, Platt and Sid, both double hits, but the rest just raised a curse or ten. Yorke was meh, as was Benteke (my sons’ Rioch moment), and now Jack.

We are now a team, thanks to the cash input, fantastic recruitment, and superb owners. As the song that we’ve been singing since Reading away 2016 says;

Don’t look back in anger!!!

How do, Iwuz?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)