+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: I see

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    But how can you tell? I've shaken hands with plenty people but have never been able to tell just by a handshake that they're a mason or that they aren't a mason.
    You’ve obviously not had your palm tickled in a handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Not at all. Old rules of don't talk about politics and religion seem to work well with face to face contacts. Forum is different because most people accept that you can have discussions about these topics as long as you don't use personal abuse?
    What did people talk about in the ‘olden days’ if politics and religion was banned

But how can you tell? I've shaken hands with plenty people but have never been able to tell just by a handshake that they're a mason or that they aren't a mason.
    That doesn’t surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You’ve obviously not had your palm tickled in a handshake.
    As a Mason myself I can assure you that 'palm tickling' is not a proper means of identifying yourself to a fellow Mason.

When I was a member of Lochee Private Bowling Club bowlers used to shake hands before a game and I have received many ‘funny’ handshakes from opposing bowlers. I even received one from a fellow member of Downfield Golf Club who I knew was a past master of a Masonic lodge after the end of a golf match.
    I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge, I can assure you that unless that other member of you bowling club knew you were a Mason he wouldn't have given you any 'funny handshake'.

I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge, I can assure you that unless that other member of you bowling club knew you were a Mason he wouldn't have given you any 'funny handshake'.
    You beat me too it ,I’m a mason also and I don’t go around shaking peoples hands to find out if if I get response to it ,you’ve pretty much met most of them when visiting different lodges anyway ,also the the whole OF huns connection is surely orange lodge and not Scottish blue ,past master of my lodge was a practising catholic …I don’t hide the fact I’m a mason if it comes up but I don’t go shouting it either it makes no difference to me ,met some very interesting people from some walks of life that I would never have got close to ,for some it’s to get out the house to others it’s a constant fund raiser for local issues no biggie….

Also the days of driving drunk everywhere and getting off because plod was a mason are long gone…unless you were councillor Tam Mitchell …!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    You beat me too it ,I’m a mason also and I don’t go around shaking peoples hands to find out if if I get response to it ,you’ve pretty much met most of them when visiting different lodges anyway ,also the the whole OF huns connection is surely orange lodge and not Scottish blue ,past master of my lodge was a practising catholic …I don’t hide the fact I’m a mason if it comes up but I don’t go shouting it either it makes no difference to me ,met some very interesting people from some walks of life that I would never have got close to ,for some it’s to get out the house to others it’s a constant fund raiser for local issues no biggie….

Also the days of driving drunk everywhere and getting off because plod was a mason are long gone…unless you were councillor Tam Mitchell …!!!
    A lot of people think Freemason Lodges and Orange Lodges are the same thing unfortunately. I know plenty Catholics, Jews, Muslims you name it that are Freemasons, and I'm sure you will too. Freemasonry is inclusive and pretty welcoming of anyone that's an honest and upstanding member of society (Prince Andrew needn't bother). These guys of non Protestant 'religion' would never be welcome in the Orange Lodge which is a bigoted organisation based on some truly atrocious and divisive beliefs and opinions.

For the record I also know some members of the Orange Lodge who are also members of Freemason Lodges, mostly they don't bring up their extreme opinions in the proper lodges.

A lot of people think Freemason Lodges and Orange Lodges are the same thing unfortunately. I know plenty Catholics, Jews, Muslims you name it that are Freemasons, and I'm sure you will too. Freemasonry is inclusive and pretty welcoming of anyone that's an honest and upstanding member of society (Prince Andrew needn't bother). These guys of non Protestant 'religion' would never be welcome in the Orange Lodge which is a bigoted organisation based on some truly atrocious and divisive beliefs and opinions.

For the record I also know some members of the Orange Lodge who are also members of Freemason Lodges, mostly they don't bring up their extreme opinions in the proper lodges.

I’ve only known one member of an orange lodge who called his son William…..I just left it at that….

I can assure you that I have had numerous ‘funny handshakes’ when I played friendly bowling matches on a Saturday afternoon representing Lochee Private Bowling Club. It only happened once when I was a member of Downfield GC. The rest of the time I received a normal handshake from my fellow golf club members.

I can assure you that I have had numerous ‘funny handshakes’ when I played friendly bowling matches on a Saturday afternoon representing Lochee Private Bowling Club. It only happened once when I was a member of Downfield GC. The rest of the time I received a normal handshake from my fellow golf club members.

Maybe they were orange order,genuinely wouldn’t know for the reasons Deeranged stated regards their mindset…

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)