+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Like watching Barnsley playing in yellow

Like watching Barnsley playing in yellow

…… that’s West Brom.
    Big pounding hammer.

Only a couple of brilliant pieces of play by Bornmuf kept it at 2-2.
    Many a team would have folded under that sort of pressure - but credit to Bornmuf they stood strong.

Would presume Marcus Schopp was watching - if he was then that game is a good example of the intensity Barnsley will be facing this season.

Shame Val hasn't inherited as good a back three as we have here .

Solve that he might win more than he loozes .

I see Mowatt picked up a booking for them, but their fans are already coming round to Ismael's way of playing. Promotion has got to be on the cards there, you would think.
    As for Bournemouth, they will also be in or near the top 6 again I reckon so like you say Nudger, we've got to be keeping an eye on these better teams and looking to match them, if we've got any hopes of another good season.

It's a long season , let's see how Robinson , Grant and Diangana are pressing after 15 games .

I thought West Brom were nowt special tonight despite playing against what would be ideal opponents for Ismaels style. It was a nicely worked 2nd goal for WBA but to me they look vulnerable defensively. Early days for Val but there's work to do to get those players in the West Brom squad up to speed. He may have better players at his disposal but do they have the legs to laik at Vals intensity fo 46 games like our much younger players managed last season? Bear in mind thuz unly 3 subs allowed n all.

Entertaining game though with a good atmosphere, fair result in end.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Shame Val hasn't inherited as good a back three as we have here .

Solve that he might win more than he loozes .
    I think they are beatable - if, and it’s a BIG IF we can match them for intensity.
    Can Schopp meet the FIERCE methods of Ismael ???

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I thought West Brom were nowt special tonight despite playing against what would be ideal opponents for Ismaels style. It was a nicely worked 2nd goal for WBA but to me they look vulnerable defensively. Early days for Val but there's work to do to get those players in the West Brom squad up to speed. He may have better players at his disposal but do they have the legs to laik at Vals intensity fo 46 games like our much younger players managed last season? Bear in mind thuz unly 3 subs allowed n all.

Entertaining game though with a good atmosphere, fair result in end.
    Didn't look the best as tha sez Pass , space in behind offered .

He'd a unit here who had that high line and played the offside off to a tee with Collins on his mettle if owt came his way .

As tha sez nowt special .

Actually thats not something Ive really thought about yet, he/Val can't call on 5 subs to use this time. He's going to have to play it more wisely and time will tell if he's up to doing that. And do they have a young fit enough squad to keep up with the high intense style.

As with any team it's important to have a so called plan-B if things need changing, and I think he was found wanting in that area towards the end of last season with us.