+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Robson must stay, Harkes/Mulgrew etc

Robson was excellent today. Play like that every week and I'll happily eat my words. Needs to work on his distribution as he showed today. A few really poor passes out from the back. Definitely more suited to a back four than a three.

Didn't see anything from Harkes at all today. Continually fails to impose himself on the game and creates very little.

Mulgrew was absolutely outstanding.

One game vs The Huns, as good as it was, doesn't turn anyone into a world beater. It's their inconsistencies that frustrate the most. These were the same guys that put in one of the worst Utd performances I've ever seen last week. Let's see if they can do this on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Robson was excellent today. Play like that every week and I'll happily eat my words. Needs to work on his distribution as he showed today. A few really poor passes out from the back. Definitely more suited to a back four than a three.

Didn't see anything from Harkes at all today. Continually fails to impose himself on the game and creates very little.

Mulgrew was absolutely outstanding.

One game vs The Huns, as good as it was, doesn't turn anyone into a world beater. It's their inconsistencies that frustrate the most. These were the same guys that put in one of the worst Utd performances I've ever seen last week. Let's see if they can do this on a regular basis.
    Spot on, last week's was deserving of criticism, yesterday was worthy of the praise .
    Why the turnaround ?

Shankland being out? Ogren attending?
    Better formation? Fans back in?

For me yesterday was about attitude, being on the front foot and setting up to put ourselves in a position to be lucky, which is the complete opposite of what we have been witnessing more often than not.
    Our best performances have been where we have pressed teams high up the park and given them no peace
    This is the standard we now know they are capable of and long may it last.

Harkes was still excellent yesterday with a GB FACT, despite the odd view saying otherwise as its clear those are not fair views

Add a bit of consistency and he'll be in the team most games

Robson must stay is not about yesterday as I've said for years now he is good enough and underrated, it's clear he is good enough for us at this level and even top six level, still getting better

Butcher another showing he is more than good enough, although I knew that anyway see him prove it beside Paton in a top six United side 6/7 years ago

Play a balanced system that suits them, get the 3 at the back stuff to fk now long term

Butcher's best game in tangerine for me. Particularly after that ridiculously soft early yellow.

Actually was searching this to see if anyone still managed to criticise Harkes yesterday. Seems to be the pantomime villan. No way he should be criticised for yesterday though. Was excellent throughout.

Harkes promises much but let's himself down with positional sense and passing, some games eg yday, his energy makes up for it, and when the team presses high he looks a lot better
    If he just took a split second more to think before haring off it would benefit imo.
    He has the potential to be so much better and that's what frustrates folk

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Harkes promises much but let's himself down with positional sense and passing, some games eg yday, his energy makes up for it, and when the team presses high he looks a lot better
    If he just took a split second more to think before haring off it would benefit imo.
    He has the potential to be so much better and that's what frustrates folk
    This is going to be Harkes’ year to shine, it usually takes time for a player to settle and I can feel it in my water that he is away to be a superstar for us 🇺🇸

Finally managed to see the full match and i have to say that Harkes seemed to bring the flashes that i have seen from him all together, then added in a disruptive edge which i have not witnessed before. He needs to set that as his new baseline and improve from that.

Robson though, solid like i have never seen from him, and deserved the goal! Thought he was immense once them started really pressing, reading the game well, and i lost count of how many times he sprinted to get onto a ball to break up play.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Harkes was still excellent yesterday with a GB FACT, despite the odd view saying otherwise as its clear those are not fair views

Add a bit of consistency and he'll be in the team most games

Robson must stay is not about yesterday as I've said for years now he is good enough and underrated, it's clear he is good enough for us at this level and even top six level, still getting better

Butcher another showing he is more than good enough, although I knew that anyway see him prove it beside Paton in a top six United side 6/7 years ago

Play a balanced system that suits them, get the 3 at the back stuff to fk now long term
    You really need to get aff the glue.Harkes and Butcher lol

Our achilles heel FACT

If we are going to progress then we really need to get rid of the players that have failed us. End of.

Will Harkes and Butcher put us on the front foot as expected v the obvious teams we expect to be challenging against? Will they fk.

Aberdeen away and Sevco at home is probably as hard as it gets for a start of a season but both failed at Pittodrie and from what I heard Harkes failed at the weekend but Butcher done no bad.....but this to be fair is Butcher's type of gemme....end of.

Great result v Sevco but from what I've seen latterly they were pi5h and we fought like fk and rode our luck a bit.

Let's be honest......our biggest games are against the Coonties and Well's...especially at home.. we really need to press home our home advantage v these teams and show a bit of authority and creativity but players like Harkes and Butcher will give us fk all.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    ...from what I heard Harkes failed at the weekend...
    No way, he was excellent.

Yea, bizarre post, whoever he heard that from hasn't got a scooby doo or needs to go to specsavers

So glad some of our fans are not in charge, we will never get back to the days of building something of they were, built on team spirit, players who know the club and have made a lot of apps together and getting strength in depth, it's like they didn't witness 2007-2015 or have short memories

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)