+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: When exactly did Ardley become a bad manager.?

Never? If you look at his career history he's above average for L2, let alone this league. A comparatively good manager. Hopefully IB is better, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    You are pushing your luck, having received a warning for post 50.
    I've only replied to a post he posted.
    I'm not sure how it could be classed as controversial as it is about Ardley.Im sure we are allowed to ask questions about posts and there opinions.? I hope we are.....it would be a very dull board if we couldn't respond to a post or question a post.

Having flogged the pros and cons of NA to death over a long period of time, I’m pretty sure you just lobbed the lure back in the water, trying to provoke your mate and others. Why, otherwise, would we need to rehash this over and over again..he’s gone and good luck to the bloke, he did his best.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Having flogged the pros and cons of NA to death over a long period of time, I’m pretty sure you just lobbed the lure back in the water, trying to provoke your mate and others. Why, otherwise, would we need to rehash this over and over again..he’s gone and good luck to the bloke, he did his best.
    Agreed he did his best.
    I'm not provoking I'm actually interested...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Agreed he did his best.
    I'm not provoking I'm actually interested...
    But what happens Pedro if you get your answer. Seems like you're wound up on some crazy mission to prove Laddo wrong, and start another argument. So it won't just end there

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    he blew the opportunity of an immediate return to the FL, that was unforgivable.
    Unforgivable?

How many managers of relegated clubs who are having their first season in NL football achieve an immediate return to the FL?

If you don't want to look it up it's a very low proportion. Finishing 3rd and reaching a play off final is comfortable better than the mean average. So you could easily argue he had a very good season especially with a lack of a proper pre season but ultimately ended in failure in the final.

His performance as manager the following season was noticeably worse than that of the 1st season IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Exactly FL. This Subject matter has been done to death and then some, as much as who was most responsible for the relegation back in 2018/19.

I honestly don't believe there is anything else that can be added or would be new, if you haven't made you mind up by now you never will have.

Plus personally I prefer to look forward and talk about the current manager and players who can directly influence results on a Saturday rather than past managers and players who are now employed elsewhere and can't.

I can't believe that having been banned for a month this poster is straight back with the same OCD bullsh!te.

Ardley, Nolan Fullarton, Moniz, Curle, Short etc are all ancient history. Forget it and start living in the present !

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Think he was having a pretty torrid time there too when he was sacked. They couldn't win a raffle and were firmly in the relegation zone. Ardley was on a downward spiral when he joined us and never really recovered. He simply did not know how to win.

Wimbledon soon picked up after he left and they got a proper manager in. Yes Notts were a mess that season, but Ardley signed 7 players in January that should have complimented an already competitive and expensively assembled squad. He had Hemmings and Dennis at his disposal...there was no way we should have gone down.
    KW if you read why the question was posed you will see how it became current and topical .
    If you go back and re read you will see the time line and the relevance.
    I made it as plain as I could as others were saying the same as you ..

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Exactly FL. This Subject matter has been done to death and then some, as much as who was most responsible for the relegation back in 2018/19.

I honestly don't believe there is anything else that can be added or would be new, if you haven't made you mind up by now you never will have.

Plus personally I prefer to look forward and talk about the current manager and players who can directly influence results on a Saturday rather than past managers and players who are now employed elsewhere and can't.
    I think you must have missed the question.?
    The one specifically for you was
    For 2 years you proclaimed Ardley was a good manager , In fact by the look of things your still saying the same thing now.
    However around 3 weeks back you proclaimed that he was rubbish.
    I was wondering when and how you came to that conclusion.
    I'm sorry if you didnt say that ,is that what you are trying to say? IF that's the case then that's my mistake and I apologise....
    Onwards and upwards

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast