+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Seems a bit strange for me, I assume Notts had no more interest in Dallas , as we could certainly pay him better wages than Solihull
    I guess that once we signed Mitchell, that was us done, strikers-wise. As long as the forwards stay fit, I’m not worried about that area of the pitch. It’s defence and midfield where I fear we may still be a little lightweight, especially with Alex Lacey still recovering.

Suspect our interest ended as soon as he signed for Cambridge. Think he may have lost out as I can't imagine he anticipated being back in the national league

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I guess that once we signed Mitchell, that was us done, strikers-wise. As long as the forwards stay fit, I’m not worried about that area of the pitch. It’s defence and midfield where I fear we may still be a little lightweight, especially with Alex Lacey still recovering.

Apparently our ''1st choice'' was always Kairo.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Seems a bit strange for me, I assume Notts had no more interest in Dallas , as we could certainly pay him better wages than Solihull
    Sadly I think you are wrong, I see a definite lack of investment this season especially after the saving on enzio’s wages, the wage bill has been well & truly slashed !

I think poor recruitment will bite us on bum again. We have failed miserably compared to competitors.

With only two going up its going to bite a fair few on the bum.

Recruitment good enough for Top 7 but not Top 2 or 3 Woody?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I think poor recruitment will bite us on bum again. We have failed miserably compared to competitors.
    We are signing players that we hope the statistics model our owners have implemented improve. We are signing players that we hope to make a monetary return on. We have a coach who is tasked to make this a reality. If all comes to fruition we will be a success.
    I have no qualms on the model we are using. We only have to look at Brentford to see how it can work. But is that a one off?
    The other positive is that we are not spunking money we can’t afford to achieve promotion, we are measured and it’s sustainable. Not all of our rivals (if any) that are spending big will achieve promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    “Sadly I think you are wrong, I see a definite lack of investment this season especially after the saving on enzio’s wages, the wage bill has been well & truly slashed !”

We’re all entitled to our opinions and the above may prove to be right. But, we haven’t even started the season.

‘Failed miserably’ is a bit OTT. We’ve made a number of positive signings. Let’s give the players and Burchnall a chance.

‘Lack of investment’. We’ve just come through a period(COVID) where the club have had very little income. Our owners are being sensible and none of us want a repeat of the Hardy **** or bust approach.

Let’s just see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post

‘Lack of investment’. We’ve just come through a period(COVID) where the club have had very little income. Our owners are being sensible and none of us want a repeat of the Hardy **** or bust approach.
    I'm not sure that's true. I'd love it no fan wanted us to repeat the **** or bust , spending money you haven't got approach but sadly KK I don't believe that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We are signing players that we hope the statistics model our owners have implemented improve. We are signing players that we hope to make a monetary return on. We have a coach who is tasked to make this a reality. If all comes to fruition we will be a success.
    I have no qualms on the model we are using. We only have to look at Brentford to see how it can work. But is that a one off?
    The other positive is that we are not spunking money we can’t afford to achieve promotion, we are measured and it’s sustainable. Not all of our rivals (if any) that are spending big will achieve promotion.
    This and KK's post 100%

I don't think I've seen so much worry before the season starts for awhile and that's after the gak we were served under Ardley as well. The way people are talking all our games are going to be 5-4 or the opposition will be strolling through our midfield and defence at will. Can't see it happening I'm afraid. We've got the targets in the manager wanted and once they settle, they will grow together as a team and we'll see good things. We threw the kitchen sink and league 2 and went down that season, just cause other teams have got one or two players you think we should have doesn't mean **** all. As others said Mitchell was his first choice and had been after him since May. We signed Cameron who is a good player and has been for Torquay, one bad FRIENDLY game and now he's going to be **** all year apparently or until Lacey comes back which is another positive.

I was nearly tempted to use the term bed wetters but in keeping with the new spirit of the board I'll just say don't write us off before a ball has been kicked. There's 40 odd games to go and one team most probably won't lead from start to finish anyway. As long as we're there or there abouts come Christmas then we can push come seasons end and maybe our opposition have spunked their budget up the wall and maybe we've kept a little back for Jan to see what we might need then.

Keep calm and carry on.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast