+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Tangible Brexit Dividends

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Spot on, that man. Some need to stop getting their news from the Express ! France will pass UK in about 2 weeks even with the large anti-vax sentiments here. Funny how the brexit headbangers don't want to talk about it. I wonder if the EU had collapsed in acrimony after UK left whether there would have been any threads about it ?
    Oh well, as they say it's done now. I doubt you'll be getting back in easily. And our financial industry is grateful for the new business.
    But Boris has continually berated Starmer that if he had his way and we stayed in the EU that our vaccine rollout would not be anywhere near what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    I hear this argument a lot and it is what I think is called a strawman argument. I doubt there is an adult on the planet who doesn't lie. But the point is what is the effect of the lie.
    If a politician convinces you to vote for something to your detriment by lying, then that is bad, for you.
    If a politician causes a positive outcome for you by lying then you won't mind.

In my view the British electorate have been convinced to vote for right-wing policies benefitting a small number of elites, by being lied to. Hence bad.

Just my view. I'd happily vote for a politician who swore they would never introduce a wealth tax then did it on the first day in power
    👍👍😎

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Imminent trade deal with the UK means I will be able to import from the UK and save 5-10% in import duties which will save me (business wise) several thousand dollars a year. So I'm all for it! Although its a little way off completion yet. Slightly ironic that it appears someone living in Australia is the only one who can see a tangible net benefit but thanks Nigel.
    According to informed opinion, the Aussies did to the UK in that trade deal what Johnson does to many of the women he meets, regardless of whether they’re his wife or not.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    I don’t have much time for Johnson, but it seemed pretty clear to me that the proven benefits of all the approved Covid vaccines outweighed the risks.
    I'm sure they changed the law so the companies that created the new vaccines are no longer open to law suits if there any side effects....
    This doesn't inspire me with confidence

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    According to informed opinion, the Aussies did to the UK in that trade deal what Johnson does to many of the women he meets, regardless of whether they’re his wife or not.
    If it saves me a few quid I am very happy.

A government under the Tories would probably make me a few quid more than a Labour government, but that would never, ever sway my vote. My desire is to see our vast wealth spread more equally, so if it costs me a few quid I would be happy.

I’m sure it’ll save quite a few in Australia a few quid. I’m sure it’ll make quite a few quid for some people as well, especially the farmers.

The question is when will people over here admit we’ve been done over. As we’ve seen from this thread, they either don’t want to talk about it, or it’s all Covid’s fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    frenchmagpie, would you not agree, all political parties tell porkies.
    Depending on your political view you believe what suits you. In the majority of cases and all the arguments and so called facts doesn't change many views. The brexit argument proved that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A government under the Tories would probably make me a few quid more than a Labour government, but that would never, ever sway my vote. My desire is to see our vast wealth spread more equally, so if it costs me a few quid I would be happy.
    Australia is the second highest taxed country in the world and as a business owner and employer I pay a lot of tax. So I am happy to take this one. I do a lot more than the average man in the street to pump money into our economy.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    You mean BORIS'S gamble with our health and lives...with the not fully tested vaccine.
    You're right Pedro, it was a gamble, but of sorts. Should Boris have waited two or three years while research and testing was completed before allowing it's use?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast