+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Putting things into context …..

Putting things into context …..

Ok - we have had a couple of relatively poor games against Man City and Bolton.
    But we played well against Cardiff.
    Are we seeing a bit of disquiet amongst supporters right now because we had it so good last season (winning most games)?

But if we stand back and look at what’s happening then I think we are on the right tracks.

We had a head coach that was considered to be fierce.
    Supporters are concerned that the intensity of Ismael will not be replicated under Schopp.
    From the bit I’ve of him on the tele - it very much looks like Schopp has the same management intensity as Ismael.
    There has definitely NOT been a dip in effort.
    Which is a great sign.

Its worth remembering that Schopp is still looking at his players and getting to know them.
    Plus the new signings have still to get up to speed - and there’s discussions going on to sign one maybe two more signings.

Once Schopp knows his players and he has all his players available then I believe we will have a stronger squad than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Are we seeing a bit of disquiet amongst supporters right now because we had it so good last season (winning most games)?

But if we stand back and look at what’s happening then I think we are on the right tracks.

Supporters are concerned that the intensity of Ismael will not be replicated under Schopp.
    From the bit I’ve of him on the tele - it very much looks like Schopp has the same management intensity as Ismael.
    Which is a great sign.

Its worth remembering that Schopp is still looking at his players and getting to know them.
    Plus the new signings have still to get up to speed - and there’s discussions going on to sign one maybe two more signings.

Once Schopp knows his players and he has all his players available then I believe we will have a stronger squad than last season.
    Wen does window shut?

Well I'm pyssed off about last night and nothing more than that .

Schopp made a complete b@llax of the tie last night .

I'll leave it there because it's a bit early in the season .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I wanted to get through tie, thought Morris sub, come on last 20 to av a run at em,one good cross,hes not bad wi head.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Wen does window shut?
    August 31st

August 31st
    Another month then, helic to go wi minutes to go, 2 late for us to ad to sqaud.weve ad a good start in league I'll be more positive if we can get a decent win saturday.

On bright side mate, cauleys goal should av stood and they didnt score. should av won over the 90mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

Which is a great sign.

Ar much time will Schopp be given though? Most fans these days over react to both victories or defeats. It's a slow burner this change in style. Ismael obviously identified our lack of ability to pass the ball out from the back and decided to go long. Fair enough. It tells thi summat though.

It will take patience from the fans with Mads and Helik. I ent seen Kitching laik yit so a dunt know his ball playing ability. Sibbick is OK on the ball. Mistakes are bound to be made. It wint come ova neet.

Targeting ball playing defenders as future signings isn't easy on our budget. Pinnock wo the last decent ball playing defender we ed.

Av always liked your rough and ready type defenders, ya Darren Moores, Mads Anderson types spring to mind. They just love to defend and are good headers of the ball and good tacklers- the fundamentals of defending and keeping the ball art of our net.

Perhaps too much emphasis is put on passing art from the back these days. At top level it's possible but not so easy at our our level. Summat to bear in mind

It shows how far some fan's expectations of footballing ability have fallen under the aimless hoof style of the manager who has moved on when people are purring over a pass from Benson that actually accurately went to Sibbick in space. Kitching made a similar pass last season that fans still talk abart.

("They still talk about Elsie's fall in the precinct". "Who talks about it ?" )
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-08-2021 at 08:30 AM.