+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Parking at Oakwell

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    No fan zone, no kids zone, no family zone, a bollox of car park arrangements and now its all ticket with none available on the day.

Tha couldnt make it up what a shambles.

Summats definitely not reyt darn theear!!
    It's the improved match day experience Conway promised on the day he took ovva.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's the improved match day experience Conway promised on the day he took ovva.
    And is it correct West stand also closed? Tickets no longer available to buy on the website.

I doubt it.

Conway creates a bad smell weearivva he goes. Don't go in a lift that he ez just walked arta.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    And is it correct West stand also closed? Tickets no longer available to buy on the website.
    No idea Chop, it wouldnt surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    No fan zone, no kids zone, no family zone, a bollox of car park arrangements and now its all ticket with none available on the day.

Tha couldnt make it up what a shambles.

Summats definitely not reyt darn theear!!
    Thursday and Friday before the opening match - that cudn't mek it up. I've my season ticket but I'm still on holiday and will miss first 4 home games. Maybe it'll all be sorted by the time I get to the Forest game, or maybe we'll be in another lockdarn.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    A rumour started by a poster on BBS and the more gullible took it as fact. Not correct.

A rumour started by a poster on BBS and the more gullible took it as fact. Not correct.
    Ive just looked on box office on OWS and no tickets are showing as available in West Stand. In fact if you believe what it says re availability, its nearly sold out.

But if you go onto the club website SB not one ticket available in the West stand is available to purchase since early last week, that can't be right - summat not reight darn there!!

Could be --

1 If anymore weight goes in the West Stand the whole structure will collapse

2 Queues fo pissoyles will create a health and safety issue

3 Covid restrictions

4 Oakwell Safety Advisory Group ez purra cap on sales

5 Conway's arseoyle is filling more seats than usual.

Remember that Oakwell, to impress sponsors, count tickets sold ( including ST's) as the attendance rather than the number actually attending. Those buying a number of virtually free Kids tickets last Feb/ March in the hope of taking their kids to watch the stars of Premiership football on the cheap will often mean there are gaps when the "official attendance" says there is no room--especially on cold, winter school neets.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 13-08-2021 at 02:44 PM.

This palaver reminds me of when Patrick dropped the admission fee to £5 against Leicester some years ago - and it resulted in absolute chaos at the ground.
    Where I sit in West Stand fans were trying to open the main gates and loads of fans jumping over the turnstiles.

What comes first chicken or egg.
    What comes first success on the field or knocking the stadium down and building a new one on the same spot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12