+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley v Coventry City

Barnsley v Coventry City

Match Preview - External Link

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Cheers acido, penalty came frm our throw in, should av been hoofed.wi no chance of losing possession,thems the things you just av to know as a footballer wi clock running down.

For me Rascal, the penalty contact was on the edge of or even outside the area, but I admit it did look annoyingly clumsy. I don't blame the opposition for appealing, and we'd do the same of course wun't we!.
    But what angers me and Im sure all of us as fans no matter who we support, is when a linesman gives it when he can't clearly see it. The players had their backs to him and were moving further away from him, so what did he exactly see better than the ref, who mas much nearer to it ?.
    Appalling officials yet again by the sounds of it.

We shouldnt av put ourselves in that position frm the throw in is wat am sayin, great run and finish by dom and excellent vision frm palmer, they both made our goal look easy.i think were going to be hard to beat,im hoping thats been drilled into us and just comes naturally to our players now, just need to ceate a few more chances, the bolton result, bolton av scored 3 goals in each of there league 1 fixtures which looks good for our defence.i ant double checked but i think they also conceded 3 goals in each aswell,which doesnt bode well for our attack.i think,hoping were going to pinch a few points with our defence.

Frieser's run and finish reminded me a lot of Sibbick's similar goal at Cardiff last week, how he hit it low across the keeper from right to left. Have they all been sharpening up on their finishing ehh.
    I know what you mean by the way, we should have just hoofed it clear and taken the pressure off, you don't mess about like that in your own corner area, especially when the opposition are outplaying you!.

There's still some things to learn there of course for Mr Fish Schopp.