+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United- v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread ***

Manchester United- v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread ***

Manchester United forward Jadon Sancho could make his debut after taking part in training for the first time on Monday.

Raphael Varane is yet to complete his move from Real Madrid, while Marcus Rashford and Alex Telles are injured.

Leeds United have several fitness concerns ahead of the trip to Old Trafford.

New signing Junior Firpo will be assessed for a minor injury, along with Diego Llorente and Jamie Shackleton.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Leeds are winless in 16 top-flight away fixtures versus Manchester United since a 1-0 triumph in February 1981 (D6, L10).A draw or defeat on Saturday would ensure Leeds equal their longest top-flight winless away streak against a single opponent.Their 1-0 win at Old Trafford in 1970 is the only previous meeting in the opening match of a top-flight campaign.Manchester United's 6-2 home victory against Leeds last season included 42 attempts on goal - the most in a Premier League match in 2020-21.

Manchester United

Manchester United became only the third top-flight club to remain unbeaten away from home last season (W12, D7), emulating Preston North End in 1888-89 and Arsenal in 2001-02 and 2003-04.

However, they lost six of their 19 Premier League home fixtures (W9, D4).United won 10 matches from a losing position, equalling the Premier League record. Nine of those victories came away from home.

They conceded 28 league goals at Old Trafford last season, their most since letting in 38 in 1962-63.

The Red Devils could lose their opening top-flight fixture in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1972.

Bruno Fernandes has been directly involved in a league-high 45 goals since his debut on 1 February 2020, scoring 26 times and providing 19 assists.

Leeds United

Leeds' total of 59 points last season was the second highest by a promoted team in a 38-match Premier League campaign. Ipswich Town earned 66 points in 2000-01.

The Whites won their final four Premier League fixtures of last season. It is their best run since a sequence of six wins ended in April 2001.

Marcelo Bielsa's side earned 23 points in their final 10 matches, a tally bettered only by Liverpool's 26.

They have drawn just two of their past 51 Premier League away matches (W18, L31).

Leeds scored 14 Premier League goals from outside the penalty area last season, two more than any other club.

1 - 1.

Best wishes to all (except Billy and Rev). Here's hoping for great season.

MOT.

Talk going around is he won't start Phillips? If that is the case he is more Loco than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Talk going around is he won't start Phillips? If that is the case he is more Loco than I thought.
    May not start him as he has had a short pre-season compared to the rest of the squad but he will no doubt feature at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    May not start him as he has had a short pre-season compared to the rest of the squad but he will no doubt feature at some point.
    Short pre-season? He was playing euros FFS you don't see the other teams resting players from euro.
    The best thing about this game is I don't have to wake up early as it starts at 8.30 pm for me

Seriously the closer the game gets the more scared I get
    My Ozzy rules team has had a shocker season after winning 3 of the last 4 premierships we have missed the finals I need a pick-up lol

Always get a nervous twitch before the Leeds play but its a different kind of tension when we play these cnuts.

HATE is a horrible emotion but I can honestly say I hate these b@stards with a passion

Not many like them except their own supporters. If you look at last season they had similar results to us were great away from Home but crap at Home.
    Under 12 hours to go, I'm counting must be an early start for you guys what time is kick-off.

12:30 oz.

Phillips Firpi and Shacks all fit - hurrah.

Hope Firpo plays and Dallas starts in CM.
    C’mon Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Always get a nervous twitch before the Leeds play but its a different kind of tension when we play these cnuts.

HATE is a horrible emotion but I can honestly say I hate these b@stards with a passion
    Its strange but in the last 3 decades, Man United have produced the most arrogant players. It doesn't seem to matter who their manager has been, many of the players have been supremely arrogant. This current crop is no exception. Admittedly not All are like this but many are: e.g. Bruno Fernandes has a look of disbelief when he loses the ball, as if to say how can this be when I am so superior. I can't understand why. No other club is quite like them. Also, to be fair they didn't use to be like this.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)