+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watford v Villa

Watford v Villa

Tomorrow sees the start of another Premier league season and us Villans can look forward with both optimism and hope.

Our game at Vicarage Road couldnt be a tougher start ... a newly promoted side, on home turf in front of a frenzied noisy crowd ... have no doubt, Watford and their fans will be up for this and will be sniffing a famous victory to kick off their campaign.

Villa will be starting without their talisman captain from last season and will be playing a tweaked, unfamiliar formation with a couple of new players on show .... Smithy must send them out prepared... they must shut out the hysterical noise from their fans and settle quickly ... otherwise we will fall to an early sucker punch (probably) delivered by pantomime Villain Troy the boy ..

Player for player we know we are better than Watford but these games are great levellers .....

But .... Our lads are more than capable of showing their professionalism and taking this game by the scruff of the neck ...

..and as the late, great Sir Ron Saundets would always say in his program notes ..
    As long as each and every player, privileged to pull on the claret and blue and be chosen to represent this club gives 110% effort, then there is no reason why we cannot be celebrating 3 poins come 17.45 tomorrow ...

Watford 0 Villa 2

Come on you Lions!!!!!!!

Great post Iwuz!

Come on you Villa boys, quieten the crowd and carve out the victory.

Im optimistic about the season. Top 6

I've missed your rousing pre match posts, Iwuz.

I always wish we could send you into the Villa dressing room. I'm sure the lads would come out so inspired.

Good luck Villa!
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 14-08-2021 at 10:18 AM.

I will let you know after 10 games but got to keep the Sloth quiet, take the sting out the game and just get the right result . Ings to get the all important winner!

and breathe

What was that all about?

Not prepared, not committed and lets face it, we could have had two Grealish's on that pitch and still lost, defence was all over the place. Not a good decision to give Mings the arm band especially on that performance.
    Baily, Traore, Ramsey and MaGinn looked good, the rest are still tying their shoe laces. Watkins and Luiz to come back in for the Toon game. Don't bother reading the twitter feed, the dummies are out after one game!

Villa Twitter in meltdown, no Watkins or Luiz, and Bailey has just arrived - what baffles me is why we are not bang at it from the first whistle on the first day of the season.

A lot of folk hyped up Nakamba as the answer to our defensive midfield role, personally I don't think he is good enough for this level as his passing is poor but I hoped I was wrong about him. Is he our man or a sub at best?

Only seen the goals, unlucky with the first two but what a strike their third was and SJM's was also superb - Ings won't be missing many pens will he!

Blessing in disguise this result I think - Smith has his work cut out to get us right for Newcastle.

We all knew the team was under cooked for the start of the season, I didn't expect anything else. it's not the end of the world, Liverpool lost 7-2 last season still finished top four...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)