+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Wigan v The Millers

MillersMad Matchthread - Wigan v The Millers

This match against Wigan for Warne must be up there amongst the favourites to be involved with. It was from there that we bought him and from there he entered as a full time professional. I personally liked Wigan and was delighted when year after year they avoided the drop from the Premiership only to fall out of it the year they won the FA Cup. For a club 70 years old it's some acheivement.
    But the way this club has handled itself over the last few seasons has been something that makes a football supporters blood boil.

This season could be a new start! They've practically signed a new team and all for the princely sum of £0. But at what cost to football in the 3rd division? How much are these players going to get in wages?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/wigan-...rs/verein/1071

On the otherhand we don't have a clue about how much is spent and only the +£1m Lots of Undisclosed still knocking about but we don't know how much is paid to clubs previous to us who have sell on fees!

The £1.1m or whatever it was seems to have been swallowed up with these new signings! which seems to be a good way of doing things especially if we can buy a player at 200k and make 5 times that, then go again and again.
    Up until 2 weeks before the kick off we'd only made 1 signing and we were doomed it seemed but then 3 or 4 more come in and we're in contention again! Let's face it even withe the team we had last season with the loss of Crooks and Olesunde we weren't going to struggle in this league.
    Now, with the signings, of which none started the first game we looked comfortable and won the game. Some of the signings that we made last season look like new signings this i.e. Miller and Ogbene is back but not yet flying as we know he can.

This side will settle and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't fall out of the top 4 all season. I'll go as far as saying automatic promotion is a realistic posibility.

I'll still book my play-off final flights come the new year mind!

Enjoy the match everyone!

Looking forward to our threesome, Frog. Always good to watch the Millers in good company.

This will be a tight one I think, 1 goal either way, or a draw. Defence didn't have a lot to do against Plymouth, but will be tested more today.

Anyway lets just enjoy it, and those that are going get behind the Millers.

I hope Rathbone starts.
    It was really good to see Viktor rolling the ball out to Ollie in the Accrington game so that he could carry it forward into opposition territory. Much better than the hit and hope hoofball stuff that we see too much of!
    I think we may have signed a gem in this lad and expect he will chip in with quite a few goals as well.

TEAM
    @LaticsOfficial
    | Johansson; Harding, Wood (C), Ihiekwe; Ogbene, Lindsay, Barlaser, Wiles, Miller; Smith, Kayode.

SUBS | Chapman, Edmonds-Green, Odoffin, Ferguson, Rathbone, Sadlier, Ladapo.

No Freddie. Seems he was the invisible man on Tuesday so that may have something to do with it

Looking forward to seeing Kayode in a league game, interesting. UTM!

Possibly lessons have been learned and this season we will see more squad rotation

Surprised away from home both Ogbene & Miller both playing wing back also Barlaser & Wiles both starting. See whose right me or Warney.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Possibly lessons have been learned and this season we will see more squad rotation
    Yeah. 3 games this week, 2 starts for each of the 3 strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Surprised away from home both Ogbene & Miller both playing wing back also Barlaser & Wiles both starting. See whose right me or Warney.
    Right about what exactly?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast