+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ****ing disgrace

****ing disgrace

Em hearing scrapping on provvy.....nae masks.!!!! 😁

Aye, saw a bit of a punch up with Well fans as I was coming out of Coxy

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    Aye, saw a bit of a punch up with Well fans as I was coming out of Coxy
    After I got out of the Coxy at the end of today’s game and up to the corner of Sandeman Street and Provie Road I noticed one of the barriers to stop traffic going into Sandeman Street was lying on the ground.
    There was a bit of commotion at he corner and there was a group of well dressed Motherwell supporters standing in the middle of Provie Road causing the traffic to stop.
    The Dundee supporter next to me said that they were a group of Motherwell casuals who had travelled to Dundee by train and they had been boozing in a nearby pub for the whole of the second half.
    Needless to say there was not a policeman in sight.
    I hope that we are not returning to the ‘bad old days’ of Football casuals being a menace outside football grounds.
    In the past police forces used to tip each other off about football casuals travelling to their area but with Police Scotland now in charge of policing throughout Scotland this does not appear to be happening.
    The Scottish Government justice secretary whoever that might be should be explaining why Police Scotland officers were not in attendance outside Dens Park at the end of today’s game to deal with any trouble. With both Dundee and Motherwell supporters coming out of the stands directly onto Sandeman Street it should have not been difficult to police.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    After I got out of the Coxy at the end of today’s game and up to the corner of Sandeman Street and Provie Road I noticed one of the barriers to stop traffic going into Sandeman Street was lying on the ground.
    There was a bit of commotion at he corner and there was a group of well dressed Motherwell supporters standing in the middle of Provie Road causing the traffic to stop.
    The Dundee supporter next to me said that they were a group of Motherwell casuals who had travelled to Dundee by train and they had been boozing in a nearby pub for the whole of the second half.
    I hope that we are not returning to the ‘bad old days’ of Football casuals being a menace outside football grounds.
    In the past police forces used to tip each other off about football casuals travelling to their area but with Police Scotland now in charge of policing throughout Scotland this does not appear to be happening.
    The Scottish Government justice secretary whoever that might be should be explaining why Police Scotland officers were not in attendance outside Dens Park at the end of today’s game to deal with any trouble. With both Dundee and Motherwell supporters coming out of the stands directly onto Sandeman Street it should have not been difficult to police.

There were Police in attendance. They were outside the Main stand/shankly at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Keith Brown, the Scottish Government Cabinet Secretary For Justice And Veterans, will have some serious criminal activity a bit higher on his list of considerations than a bit of a scuffle outside Dens Park.

As a war veteran myself I'd rather he concentrated on increasing my quality of life after putting my own life on the line to defend the country than spend any time wondering how he can satisfy the ridiculous demands of a retired banker who thinks an overturned barrier is worthy of a blue light response by Police Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Keith Brown, the Scottish Government Cabinet Secretary For Justice And Veterans, will have some serious criminal activity a bit higher on his list of considerations than a bit of a scuffle outside Dens Park.

As a war veteran myself I'd rather he concentrated on increasing my quality of life after putting my own life on the line to defend the country than spend any time wondering how he can satisfy the ridiculous demands of a retired banker who thinks an overturned barrier is worthy of a blue light response by Police Scotland.
    Think islay is only pointing out someone somewhere didn’t do there job properly yesterday, nothing to do with looking after veterans or criminal activity, there were enough police sat in the police box, could have sent a couple out on the street, that’s the problem now a days, police don’t want to get involved, they’d rather watch it on tv screens then hope to arrest folk in early morning dawn raids

Derry open, probably dosent happen....but DCC, the polis and most respected know best.😉

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Think islay is only pointing out someone somewhere didn’t do there job properly yesterday, nothing to do with looking after veterans or criminal activity, there were enough police sat in the police box, could have sent a couple out on the street, that’s the problem now a days, police don’t want to get involved, they’d rather watch it on tv screens then hope to arrest folk in early morning dawn raids
    He's asking a senior cabinet minister to explain why police didn't stop a minor scuffle.

Police and stadium security messed up for sure, if these muppets left at half time or whenever then security should have informed police who should have had them tracked, basic policing of known trouble makers. Match Commander and our so called Stadium Manager should be explaining what went wrong, they're the ones responsible for match day security in and around the stadium and are therefore responsible for the failure that resulted in injuries to innocent passers by.

No need for a government enquiry, we know who ****ed up and we know who'll suffer as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Derry open, probably dosent happen....but DCC, the polis and most respected know best.��
    To be fair it didn't matter where people were sitting. If Derry was open and away fans were in Shankly the same group would have left at the same time and would have gone looking for trouble wherever they could find it. Stadium security and police messed up by not seeing the obvious problem.

I blame the Scottish Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    To be fair it didn't matter where people were sitting. If Derry was open and away fans were in Shankly the same group would have left at the same time and would have gone looking for trouble wherever they could find it. Stadium security and police messed up by not seeing the obvious problem.

I blame the Scottish Government.
    That's why I'm saying Dees in shankly worked well after the game but people on other sites immediately jumping to the conclusion it was because Dees were in shankly.

Most respecteds record so far this season, place still a dump, ticket fiasco v st m, yellow vests out of control earlier games and now trouble outside the ground.

Standards Deeranged, standards.

And just to throw in I think having Dees in shankly played a major part in us winning yesterday.

Honestly believe Derry open, Dees in shankly instead of cox, and current away end of stand would create quite a hostile enviroment for away teams and give the auld stadium a much needed kiss of life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)