+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Think Warne will be gone by Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Don't want Knill back right name! nothing about him like Warney!
    That makes totally no sense. Could you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    That makes totally no sense. Could you elaborate?
    Why don’t you just leave him alone.He doesn’t rate Warne,he doesn’t rate Knill that’s his opinion.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 15-08-2021 at 06:07 PM.

OK, you tell me what he is trying to say. I asked a simple question.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    OK, you tell me what he is trying to say. I asked a simple question.
    Get thi own interpreter

Why not invite Breck on board,he has the experience.I'm sure he'd do everything he could to get the Millers back on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Out of interest Towner, and this is not a loaded question I'm genuinely interested in your view, at what point (performance wise and/or time wise), would you start to think it could be time for a change?
    Well you certainly don't think about changing the manager after 2 games, or say he's on borrowed time.
    As long as we stay in touch with the top 3 why would you get rid of someone who is proven at this level ?
    Unless of course you just don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Well you certainly don't think about changing the manager after 2 games, or say he's on borrowed time.
    As long as we stay in touch with the top 3 why would you get rid of someone who is proven at this level ?
    Unless of course you just don't like him.
    The benchmark is to stay in touch with the top 3? I agree. What's the definition of "stay in touch"? I'd say within 6 points. Is that fair? Over what timeframe is fair? Christmas?

Where I'd differ from you is the "2 games" comment. Nobody (well nobody with half a brain) is judging Paul Warne over 2 games. He's being judged over 4, maybe 5, seasons. I'm yet to meet any Miller who doesn't like Paul Warne, or Richie Barker. I meet/know several who think they are tactically poor and play a style of football that is not good to watch, but everybody accepts how hard they work and how nice they are as people.

Our problem is scoring goals. Under the likes of Evans we would regularly knock in 2 or 3 a game, we would generally have defensive lapses too but letting in one didn't matter when scoring 2 more often than not. Having a potent strike force papers over cracks at the back. We actually have a pretty solid defence, even last season. The issue is if we have one lapse and someone scores then we know winning is going to be a tall order because of our toothless attack at the other end. We have 3rd tier defenders, they switch off sometimes, hence why we are in the third tier.

But I still think our attack is the biggest threat to our defence. We have to play near perfect at the back to have a chance of winning games.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Our problem is scoring goals. Under the likes of Evans we would regularly knock in 2 or 3 a game, we would generally have defensive lapses too but letting in one didn't matter when scoring 2 more often than not. Having a potent strike force papers over cracks at the back. We actually have a pretty solid defence, even last season. The issue is if we have one lapse and someone scores then we know winning is going to be a tall order because of our toothless attack at the other end. We have 3rd tier defenders, they switch off sometimes, hence why we are in the third tier.

But I still think our attack is the biggest threat to our defence. We have to play near perfect at the back to have a chance of winning games.
    He's got plenty of options to change.
    Sadlier, Ogbene and Miller can play straight down the middle. Plenty of pace in two of those players.
    Rathbone to come in Tuesday although that would mean making a decision who if anyone to drop to the bench.
    What frustrates us is corners and free kicks, they're usually all the same, predictable.
    If it's working no need to change, if it's not working then try something different.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    He's got plenty of options to change.
    Sadlier, Ogbene and Miller can play straight down the middle. Plenty of pace in two of those players.
    Rathbone to come in Tuesday although that would mean making a decision who if anyone to drop to the bench.
    What frustrates us is corners and free kicks, they're usually all the same, predictable.
    If it's working no need to change, if it's not working then try something different.
    I liked Ogbene off of Smudge at Barnsley last season and final game at Cardiff he was pushed right up top. Pace like you say, he absolutely terrorised those defences. We need more threat through the middle. His link up with Smudge would be nice I think. Then if we can get Barlaser and Rathbone in the team then they can play clever through balls also. As someone said the other day, we never seem to play balls through to run onto, centrally. If we have that threat in behind teams may drop off more and then space opens up for Rathbone etc.

I think our set pieces generally reflect our attacking philosophy, industrial and praying something drops.

Viktor

Ferguson
    Wood
    Ihiekwe
    Harding

Lindsay
    Barlaser
    Rathbone

Miller
    Smudge
    Ogbene

Get Rath and Dan on the ball, don't punt it over their heads, let them play, if they give it away on occasion then we will have to live with it but we must encourage them to play.
    Miller and Ogbene pushed right up with Smudge, more like inside forwards than wingers, link up and get on the shoulder of the defenders. Push them back, give Rath and Dan more space to work.
    Lindsay sitting slightly deeper as insurance, cleaning up any counters, being the link between our creative 2 in the middle and the defence.
    Ferguson and Wes are sound defensively, can run all day to cover up and down each flank, both have a decent cross also (Ferguson in particular)
    Woody and Icky have an understanding, solid two.

That's what I'd love to see but it won't happen.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast