+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Barnsley v Luton Town Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    All you moaning about our play last season. This toothless, pretty , boring football. Is a result of changing..
    A definite case of be careful what you wish for.....
    That was just rubbish.... im now off to bed wi monk on.
    Our owners keep telling fans the main criterion for choosing a replacement coach is continuity of playing style.

Has that policy now changed ?

Not one shot from our front 3 in the whole game sums it up.

Rubbish

If the two Belgium lads were not fit why didn't Schopp send them down to Colchester to get some game time with the U23s. Given what we had on the bench and who we started with up front, surely they could have done 20 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    Has the bubble burst? And we are going back to be a championship/div 1 club again? I can’t get to the matches now so don’t see them play live so I have to rely on you people who go to Oakwell for reports.
    No we won't be relegated Filey , some really good young talented players here .

We probably won't reach last season's hights but we will be ok .

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    Also is it the fitness of the two Belgium boys the reason they are not in the team or are they not fitting in on the training ground? They seam to be taking a long time to get fit at such a young age.
    They take a great deal more time with players today Filey than they once did .

Nobody gets on the pitch unless they are totally 100% today .

I'm sure Schopp wants them ready and available but the fitness staff and sports scientists say they aren't ready yet and that's that .

I reckon they will be involved for the Birmingham home game at the end of the month personally .

24 hours later, and some perspective. There are some worse teams than Barnsley in this league.
    Think what the Blades fans must be feeling tonight.
    Other teams struggling are PNE, Forest, Swansea, Blackpool. Hull have just lost two home games on the trot.
    Be patient and keep the faith

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Acido i agree atm... to the extent of our whole season depends on one of the Belgium lads coming good...
    Anyway back to work.... maybe a few of our forward line who i spent nearly half weeks wages on last night could come do this 12 hr shift with me.
    Exactly Daft lad lol, I often think that as well when I go on my gruelling 12 hour work night shifts. I earn £9.50 an hour for example, and what do these gifted fortunate players earn these days ehh ?.

A lot is being said about these unheard of Belgian club players who we've signed and are waiting to play up front. And it worries me that our whole season is already being pinned on them doing well and scoring goals. Oh deary me!!.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234