+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Morecambe Post Match Thoughts

Morecambe Post Match Thoughts

A hard earned victory in windy conditions against a team that despite being favourites for the drop had started the season with 3 wins. Has everyone recovered from their camera dizziness yet? Yet another game that agonisingly went to 90+8 for us text update watchers. Into the playoff places, 3 points off the top and a big game coming up on Saturday.

Thoughts on tonight's events?

PS No shots on target for Morecambe. Is the Viking stealing a wage?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 17-08-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Yes where the feck did the ref get 8 mins from . The board said 5. Toss pot.

Easily the best side till we score then we stop doing the things we were good at. Good goal by Smith but we need some more scorers. JJ not ready yet. Let him go out again and fund another forrud.

Ogbene ran rings round them but our players need to be more tuned into him for the crosses.

Bit worried we are relying on Wood too much. Why did reg go off?

Good win. Not good for my ticker though in the end.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-08-2021 at 08:59 PM.

Disappointed tonight. Backed us to win 2.0 and Smith to score 😊

Not great to watch, but good goal from Smudge, and good game management.

We played better last saturday and lost, but very happy with a win.

Oh, and a shout out for Ch'ti blonde beer. Makes Leffe look like a big girl.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Pretty sure Ogbene went down in injury time and was on the ground quite a while. He seemed to be fine thankfully once he got up.

Solid performance. Wiles apart from giving ball away near end better. Rathbone did well especially 2nd half. Sadlier needs to start against Owls.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    Pretty sure Ogbene went down in injury time and was on the ground quite a while. He seemed to be fine thankfully once he got up.
    I think that was it Eds.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Chieze was injured for 2 mins then I expect the extra was for our time wasting. I thought their free kick in the dying seconds would be our Achilles heal again.

Fairly comfortable really.took a wonder goal to get the 3 points though and clearly just short up front especially if any injuries or departures…like the way they ran the clock down at the end,and did the ugly stuff..many times we needed that last season and we could never do it most times…3 points is the maximum you can get from a game and that’s what we got..!.

A game of little quality but plenty of endeavour. Defence looked resolute again, pleasing to see. Wiles looked as sharp as I've seen for a while, promising. Still need more help up top but we have what we know we have, a strong base to work from. Sprinkling of stardust and we good.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast