+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Initial thoughts after 3 games

Initial thoughts after 3 games

It may only be early in the season but a lot seems to have gone on/going on already down at Oakwell this season. A few points raised here.
    https://tykesblog.co.uk/thoughts-on-...-to-the-season

Quote Originally Posted by manc_tyke View Post
    It may only be early in the season but a lot seems to have gone on/going on already down at Oakwell this season. A few points raised here.
    https://tykesblog.co.uk/thoughts-on-...-to-the-season
    Can't reach your link mate but my initial thoughts are that it's been a decent start. Steady. It'll be interesting to see the Belgium boys and what they can do (if they ever laik) and they hopefully gi us more firepower up top.

Early days as you say but acclimatising back to passing football seems weird after last season. I think it was SB who said that the fans would grow tired of Ismaels hoofball but to me it looks and sounds like laiking art from the back isn't exactly going darn too well in some sections of the stands just 3 games in.

It's better and more practical to play football on the deck in order to achieve long term success. Look at Brentford, they are a proper football team equipped to have a right good go at the Premiership. Our aim should be to emulate them but it will take time. I think Brentford had 4 seasons of mid table finishes before their assault on promotion began.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Can't reach your link mate but my initial thoughts are that it's been a decent start. Steady. It'll be interesting to see the Belgium boys and what they can do (if they ever laik) and they hopefully gi us more firepower up top.

Early days as you say but acclimatising back to passing football seems weird after last season. I think it was SB who said that the fans would grow tired of Ismaels hoofball but to me it looks and sounds like laiking art from the back isn't exactly going darn too well in some sections of the stands just 3 games in.

It's better and more practical to play football on the deck in order to achieve long term success. Look at Brentford, they are a proper football team equipped to have a right good go at the Premiership. Our aim should be to emulate them but it will take time. I think Brentford had 4 seasons of mid table finishes before their assault on promotion began.
    Brentford had fit strikers, a playmaker and a decent left back.

the Belgium boys haven't even got work permits yet so cant train with the squad although they are suppose to be injured too.

Signing injured players fits our modus operandi perfectly.

What is distasteful is the fact that a statement hasn’t been made to clarify the position.

Maybe someone is culpable and trying to bury their own shyte?

As for the 3 games, discounting the cup fiasco.

It’s what I expected, lack of goal threat, lack of creativity and reliance on defence.

We’ve done well to get 4 points but Luton exploited our frailties.

Need to do better. Styles isn’t the answer in CMid he’s probably the best wing back so should play there. Jury out on Benson and what he offers got hopes for him
    Though

Vic, Miller, Williams twins, odour need upgrading. Easier said than done iknow.

Vic, Miller, Williams twins, odour need upgrading.

4 out of five need moving on

From above 5 mentioned I would keep Jordan Williams.

That's the one