+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: A'thing hearts

Just back from the game. Given it was mostly the same team that played 90 minutes in 30+ degrees less than 72 hours ago the way we finished the game says an awful lot about our fitness and attitude that augers well for the rest of the season. We were the only team that was going on to win that game in the last 15 minutes. I thought that McCrorie had his best game at centre back and JET, whilst still being a lazy so and so, showed a lot of really good touches and was very dangerous on the left wing.

I'm also not getting the lack of love for Gallacher on here. He was signed as a no nonsense centre half that we saw play for Scotland last year - he was never going to be the second coming of Martin Buchan. Let McCrorie, Ramsey and MacKenzie play football out of defense, Gallacher is there to win headers and clear his box. Yes he made a stupid tackle to give the penalty away but he will be what we need when we play teams with a physical threat up front. Once he gets a run of games to settle in he will be do a very good job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Just back from the game. Given it was mostly the same team that played 90 minutes in 30+ degrees less than 72 hours ago the way we finished the game says an awful lot about our fitness and attitude that augers well for the rest of the season. We were the only team that was going on to win that game in the last 15 minutes. I thought that McCrorie had his best game at centre back and JET, whilst still being a lazy so and so, showed a lot of really good touches and was very dangerous on the left wing.

I'm also not getting the lack of love for Gallacher on here. He was signed as a no nonsense centre half that we saw play for Scotland last year - he was never going to be the second coming of Martin Buchan. Let McCrorie, Ramsey and MacKenzie play football out of defense, Gallacher is there to win headers and clear his box. Yes he made a stupid tackle to give the penalty away but he will be what we need when we play teams with a physical threat up front. Once he gets a run of games to settle in he will be do a very good job for us.
    Meant right wing for JET

Hopefully Gallacher will settle in.
    Nobody’s writing him off, but he has been a big disappointment so far.

In fact, he’s been pish.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    …..and what was wrong with Madden’s face?

Is it severe plastic surgery after a horror car crash, or some sort of pathetic attempt to revive Mungo Jerry?
    To be far, it is still the summertime

Stuck affshore overseas with 4 hour time difference.
    Didn't see or hear any of game .

Who has the best ,balanced overall view of game and our performance today ?
    I expected a draw but hoped for a win, were we looking like trying to win or did "game management" come into play ?

Sh*te stadium structurally but always creates a good atmosphere and to be honest I don't think it helps the home team as much as it should. Ramsay was getting it the whole first half from bampots in the front row but he seemed to thrive on it. Great to see from the young lad. Brown seemed to be enjoying himself to.

Madden makes Collum look impartial.

I'm getting too old or we're getting more than our fair share of idiots in our support these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Stuck affshore overseas with 4 hour time difference.
    Didn't see or hear any of game .

Who has the best ,balanced overall view of game and our performance today ?
    I expected a draw but hoped for a win, were we looking like trying to win or did "game management" come into play ?
    I think the chip on both of my shoulders gives me the most balanced view. Here's my tuppenceworth.

I thought we started the game well and were marginally on top for the first 15-20 minutes but the longer the first half went the more hertz got on top and we were hanging on a bit by half-time. Second half was a different story though as the longer the game went the better we looked. Hertz got a penalty out of nothing really and to be fair our equalizer came a bit out of the blue as well. However we totally dominated after we scored and not a hint of game management as we pushed to get the winner. Overall a pretty good performance at a ground we often struggle at especially considering the midweek European exertions.

Lewis - not much to do but dropped a simple high ball causing a panic in the area
    Ramsay - continues to impress, got himself forward a lot
    Hayes - best days behind him unfortunately, not a fill-in left back anymore, off injured at HT
    McCrorie - best game at CB - a few good breaks into the hertz half
    Gallacher - I thought he was good although brain fart to give away the penalty
    Brown - typical Brown display that we saw at celtic, put Nielson in his place at full time
    Ferguson - a bit more like himself today
    Ojo - the 2021 version still looking good, got forward plenty, very good finish for the goal
    Jenks - tidy enough but not going to be the creative No 10 that we are still lacking
    McLennan - game passed him by, doesn't work hard enough, went off injured, looked like a hammy
    Ramirez - missed a great chance first half, worked hard enough but needs better service to be at his best
    JET - on for McLennan - looked a better player than in last few games, quite creative on right wing, still lazy though
    Campbell - on for Hayes, looked good going forward, good cross for goal, not sure he would be good enough defensively to play LB all the time
    Madden - biased cuunt as always
    Hertz - the usual, kicked everything that moved, dived in the box, horrible team

Cheers red zone .
    Good to hear we didn't settle for draw .
    Hopefully players get bit of rest before Thursdays huge game .
    Was Mackenzie just rested or injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Cheers red zone .
    Good to hear we didn't settle for draw .
    Hopefully players get bit of rest before Thursdays huge game .
    Was Mackenzie just rested or injured?
    Not too sure on MacKenzie, hopefully just rested, he wasn't on the bench mind you so maybe carrying a knock?

I liked Glass' post matcher taking no BS and good to see Brooner stepping up for an interview also

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast