+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No more signings expected.

No more signings expected.

According to Bielsa.

Taking a risk in my opinion and would like to at least see the midfield area shored up with some decent back up - just hope the board know what they are doing

Then this season is a waste of time and we can expect to lose Phillips and Raphinha next summer to teams in European competitions.

This team is not good enough for top 10 without Phillips/Raphinha if either of them got an extended injury.

I'm normally very optimistic about our chances but I feel slightly ****ed off that it is so obvious how weak we are in midfield that we are now depending on:

Klich- Who bar a good run was completley out of his depth in PL last year
    Forshaw- Hasn't played in 2 years, likely to get injured again and has looked average at best playing with the kids
    Rodrigo- Is a striker
    Koch- Is a centre back
    Dallas- Is a full back or winger

It is ****ing stupid, last year was fine as nobody expected us to do well. This year it just stinks of over confidence in some **** players.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Then this season is a waste of time and we can expect to lose Phillips and Raphinha next summer to teams in European competitions.

This team is not good enough for top 10 without Phillips/Raphinha if either of them got an extended injury.

I'm normally very optimistic about our chances but I feel slightly ****ed off that it is so obvious how weak we are in midfield that we are now depending on:

Forshaw- Hasn't played in 2 years, likely to get injured again and has looked average at best playing with the kids
    Rodrigo- Is a striker
    Koch- Is a centre back

It is ****ing stupid, last year was fine as nobody expected us to do well. This year it just stinks of over confidence in some **** players.
    Don't worry, Roberts and Costa will be transformed by Bielsas "development" and we'll tear up the league (where is my medication I wonder!)😉

If, and seriously hope that its not correct, would be a massive mistake & gamble. Squad as it stands is weaker & smaller, and the U23s appear to be vanishing day by day. Lose a couple of key players to injuries, another season of square pegs / round holes in ***** areas, could result in a much tougher season than it needed to be.
    We all know the positions in question - 30-40 mill, spent wisely - suddenly the squad looks & feels stronger / more competitive.

Rodrigo- Is a striker
    Koch- Is a centre back

Could be a cost cutting exercise joel..and a fingers crossed it'll be alright on the night kind of attitude.

Very risky feel to it and you don't want to be having to do too much business (which we rarely do) in the Jan TW as its a proper ballache to get anyone decent at a decent price!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Could be a cost cutting exercise joel..and a fingers crossed it'll be alright on the night kind of attitude.

Very risky feel to it and you don't want to be having to do too much business (which we rarely do) in the Jan TW as its a proper ballache to get anyone decent at a decent price!
    Whatever we have end of August is what we will have end of season, they won't do any business in January which is my concern

Whatever we have end of August is what we will have end of season, they won't do any business in January which is my concern
    Surely with all the outgoings we need a couple more in otherwise it is arguably a weaker squad than last year as by no means certain that the u23 players are ready or that MB will use them regularly.

They said they had done all their transfer business a bit before the window closed last year and Rapha came in late so fingers crossed.

Not as if these days we flag potential signings.....

What is the point of trusting them with signings anyway? We have 30 mils can't even get a game new lb looks ordinary bought a player that was and is always injured. The kid that scored the second goal for them cost 1.5 mils, looked a lot better than 15 mil harrison.
    I like Pat but watching the last 2 games he is too slow for CB they run rings around him and don't start on Cooper.
    Raph Phillips Dallas.
    Stats say we had 70% possession but they also say they had twice as many scoring shots on target.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Not as if these days we flag potential signings.....
    True stomp but when Bielsa says he expects no more signings you tend to think that is that....or is the old master saying it as a smoke screen????????

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)