+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Toon v Villa

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Can anyone offer an opinion as to what exactly Miggy was brought in to do.
    Almiron carries the ball forward probably better than anyone else in the team.

So our forward movement is a mix of:

a) hopeful excursions up the wing, which often fizzle out
    b) Almiron taking the ball forward up through the middle
    c) Hollywood passes from Shelvey
    d) Haplessly skying the ball out of defence usually straight at the other team

--

Now I didn't say that there is an end product there. I'm not saying that he does it brilliantly. But he does it.

--

Oh, and his other job is to miss whenever he has a shot. On the odd occasion he has got that wrong and actually fone and fucking scored...but none of us can be perfect all the time, eh

Almiron carries the ball forward probably better than anyone else in the team
    What an accolade that is

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Almiron carries the ball forward probably better than anyone else in the team
    What an accolade that is
    Except ASM is much better at it

Problem is, he's one of those players who suffers badly when played out of position (not ideal for most players but some adapt better than others).

Bruce, himself, has said that Number 10 is his best position but, to accomodate ASM, he plays him out of position and also asks a lot of him defensively to the obvious detriment of his game.

I'm not sure what the answer is, either. Bruce's 'system' doesn't allow for ASM, Willock and Miggy to be used to their best.

I don't see Almiron staying beyond next Summer at the latest.

I'm not sure (after watching the WHU game) what position Almiron plays in and I think he's sure either.

But when we lost the ball in midfield, which happened quite a bit, and they broke, there was no sign of Almiron.

He's like a fish out of water at times. I don't think he and the Saint should start in the starting 11 together.

Sorry Zip, I hadn't seen this before I posted what's above.

When ASM got caught in possession on I think 2/3 occasions against West ham, they seemed to have been gifted the freedom of SJP.

It's always going to happen when you have such a maverick in your side like ASM, but you have to have players to protect the back four, or regroup when it goes wrong.

And Miggy (for all I think he's great) isn't right for that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    I'm not sure (after watching the WHU game) what position Almiron plays in and I think he's sure either.

But when we lost the ball in midfield, which happened quite a bit, and they broke, there was no sign of Almiron.

He's like a fish out of water at times. I don't think he and the Saint should start in the starting 11 together.
    Almiron is the equivalent to a bee with one wing

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)