+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First ever political post

First ever political post

First and last political post ever just to try and balance up the incessant anti Snp posts which has taking over this once brilliant football forum , fantastic news SNP reversing the ninewells car parking fees put into place by the Labour Party , their not all so bad the SNP

I'm sticking to my new "football only" comments.
    But......
    Let the games begin 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    First and last political post ever just to try and balance up the incessant anti Snp posts which has taking over this once brilliant football forum , fantastic news SNP reversing the ninewells car parking fees put into place by the Labour Party , their not all so bad the SNP
    They must have paid off the PFI contract using the money from the Barnett Formula to do this.
    While you are on the politics subject.
    If Scotland had voted in favour of becoming an independent country in September 2014 which currency were they going to use.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    They must have paid off the PFI contract using the money from the Barnett Formula to do this.
    While you are on the politics subject.
    If Scotland had voted in favour of becoming an independent country in September 2014 which currency were they going to use.
    Yes they paid off the PFI contract,and it's fantastic news I am sure you will agree.

I think the best thing about that is the way you have used such great news,especially for the less well off in Dundee, to mention your favourite ever stick with which to beat the SNP.

They didn't devise the Barnett formula though,so not sure why.

As to your currency question, they could use any currency they want,the GBP being most likely,although I am not entirely sure what that has to do with the original topic

Sturgeons legacy........free car park at Ninewells😂

Great news, but took them long enough, sure this was in their first manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Yes they paid off the PFI contract,and it's fantastic news I am sure you will agree.

I think the best thing about that is the way you have used such great news,especially for the less well off in Dundee, to mention your favourite ever stick with which to beat the SNP.

They didn't devise the Barnett formula though,so not sure why.

As to your currency question, they could use any currency they want,the GBP being most likely,although I am not entirely sure what that has to do with the original topic
    Very interesting development this. Can't help but wonder why the owners sold out? Greens are totally anti car so why would they sanction buying a car park and then letting people use it for free. All I hear about is putting taxes on workplace parking provision, raising the taxes for retail parks that have free to use parking facilities and a general drive to get people out of their cars. Seems to me very strange decision and I am not sure that giving free car parking spaces to everyone who works in Ninewells is a better use of funds than actually training more doctors and nurses and employing them.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Very interesting development this. Can't help but wonder why the owners sold out? Greens are totally anti car so why would they sanction buying a car park and then letting people use it for free. All I hear about is putting taxes on workplace parking provision, raising the taxes for retail parks that have free to use parking facilities and a general drive to get people out of their cars. Seems to me very strange decision and I am not sure that giving free car parking spaces to everyone who works in Ninewells is a better use of funds than actually training more doctors and nurses and employing them.
    Maybe gonna be a free bike park where folk can park free bikes.😁

This is another vote catching trick by the SNP to deflect from their failures elsewhere governing Scotland.
    Car parking was introduced at Ninewells Hospital because people turning up for day clinics and people visiting patients in Ninewells Hospital could not get their car parked in the car parks because they were full of cars parked by people who worked in the centre of Dundee. These people took advantage of free parking in the Ninewells Hospital car parks and took one of the buses from Ninewells Hospital into the centre of Dundee returning back to Ninewells Hospital after the end of their working day to collect their car.
    There is currently a big problem with getting parked in the rest of the NHS Scotland hospital car parks due to people parking their car all day for feee.
    I will give you examples of free parking in NHS Scotland hospitals which have affected me thanks to me attending out patient appointments.
    Gartnaval Hospital car park is full of staff parking their car all day. I had two appointments there on a Friday afternoon in June 2016. I had previously been told that it was very difficult to get a car parking space in the large car park at Gartnaval Hospital. I was there at least one hour before the time of my first appointment and spent almost half an hour driving round the car park before I managed to find a space at the far end of the car park. I came out of Gartnaval Hospital after 5pm and the car parks were almost empty as most of the staff had finished their work for the day.
    Royal Alexandria Hospital (RAH) in Paisley. I had an appointment at 8am on a Tuesday morning in October 2017. When I arrived in the car park it was almost empty but by the time I left the RAH at 9.15am the car park was full with car drivers driving round looking for a car parking space and increasing CO2 emissions into the bargain. Hopefully the Scottish Government are counting all these extra CO2 emissions but I doubt it
    Oban and Lorne Hospital in Oban has a huge problem with their car park being full of cars sitting there all day and in some cases for over a week at a time. Tourists park their car in this hospital car park in Oban free of charge and take one of the Calmac ferries which depart from Oban travelling as foot passengers. People also park their car in the hospital car park in Oban while they take one of the local buses which operate every 20 minutes during the day into the centre of Oban for their shopping. All the streets in the
    centre of Oban have parking meters or double yellow lines.
    I have also had an appointment at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (QEUH ) in Glasgow. I had an appointment in the QEUH in April 2018 just after 9.am on a Thursday morning. We were there in plenty of time and there was plenty of car parking spaces in the QEUH multi storey car park. Unfortunately my appointment was delayed until 1pm and we went for a run in our car to put in time. When we returned to the QUEH at 12 noon I had to park on the top storey of the multi storey car park as all the other floors were full.
    People travelling to Ninewells Hospital for day clinics and to visit patients will need to get used to having difficulty finding a parking space in the Ninewells Hospital car parks as they are likely to be full
    On the plus side Ninewells Avenue will no longer have cars parked on both sides of the road from before 9am until after 5pm Monday to Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    This is another vote catching trick by the SNP to deflect from their failures elsewhere governing Scotland.
    Car parking was introduced at Ninewells Hospital because people turning up for day clinics and people visiting patients in Ninewells Hospital could not get their car parked in the car parks because they were full of cars parked by people who worked in the centre of Dundee. These people took advantage of free parking in the Ninewells Hospital car parks and took one of the buses from Ninewells Hospital into the centre of Dundee returning back to Ninewells Hospital after the end of their working day to collect their car.
    There is currently a big problem with getting parked in the rest of the NHS Scotland hospital car parks due to people parking their car all day for feee.
    I will give you examples of free parking in NHS Scotland hospitals which have affected me thanks to me attending out patient appointments.
    Gartnaval Hospital car park is full of staff parking their car all day. I had two appointments there on a Friday afternoon in June 2016. I had previously been told that it was very difficult to get a car parking space in the large car park at Gartnaval Hospital. I was there at least one hour before the time of my first appointment and spent almost half an hour driving round the car park before I managed to find a space at the far end of the car park. I came out of Gartnaval Hospital after 5pm and the car parks were almost empty as most of the staff had finished their work for the day.
    Royal Alexandria Hospital (RAH) in Paisley. I had an appointment at 8am on a Tuesday morning in October 2017. When I arrived in the car park it was almost empty but by the time I left the RAH at 9.15am the car park was full with car drivers driving round looking for a car parking space and increasing CO2 emissions into the bargain. Hopefully the Scottish Government are counting all these extra CO2 emissions but I doubt it
    Oban and Lorne Hospital in Oban has a huge problem with their car park being full of cars sitting there all day and in some cases for over a week at a time. Tourists park their car in this hospital car park in Oban free of charge and take one of the Calmac ferries which depart from Oban travelling as foot passengers. People also park their car in the hospital car park in Oban while they take one of the local buses which operate every 20 minutes during the day into the centre of Oban for their shopping. All the streets in the
    centre of Oban have parking meters or double yellow lines.
    I have also had an appointment at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (QEUH ) in Glasgow. I had an appointment in the QEUH in April 2018 just after 9.am on a Thursday morning. We were there in plenty of time and there was plenty of car parking spaces in the QEUH multi storey car park. Unfortunately my appointment was delayed until 1pm and we went for a run in our car to put in time. When we returned to the QUEH at 12 noon I had to park on the top storey of the multi storey car park as all the other floors were full.
    People travelling to Ninewells Hospital for day clinics and to visit patients will need to get used to having difficulty finding a parking space in the Ninewells Hospital car parks as they are likely to be full
    On the plus side Ninewells Avenue will no longer have cars parked on both sides of the road from before 9am until after 5pm Monday to Friday.
    I sometimes think you could put a bit more in your posts.😉

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)