+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wrexham Spending Again

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    That's normal the turning point, when owners realise just how much this new ''hobby'' is actually costing. Rich or not, no-one likes throwing money away.
    I think you will find it doesn't cost them that much , as far as I can see most owners borrow all the money in the form of loans in the name of the club and when they do a runner it all falls back on the club , AKA Munto , Hardy and I'm sure many other clubs as well as us.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    He won't make it - doesn't have a prayer.
    I've never even heard of hymn

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The thing with Wrexham is money goes to money. You look at who is sponsoring them, likes of TikTok and other well known brands. They probably aren't shelling out much money of their own right now, but I suspect if they don't get success and the shine comes off, that will change
    Yes I couldn't agree more in the Munto season we managed to attract.......Medoc......whoever the hell they are. Although I seem to remember that Nike made the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Yes I couldn't agree more in the Munto season we managed to attract.......Medoc......whoever the hell they are. Although I seem to remember that Nike made the kit.
    I did say money goes to money and Munro didn't have two pennies to rub together so...

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I prefer the previous season when we had great sponsors and an ehh great manager.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I prefer the previous season when we had great sponsors and an ehh great manager.
    Do you want to come and do my termites mate?

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    If we had signed Tozer on a free I would have shrugged my shoulders...meh...he's alright, but at 31 has never really done a great deal in his career. But to sign him for 200k on a 3 year deal?! Madness.

Wrexham have already lost the plot.
    He brings his own towel though.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Add another one to the pile…

Hosannah makes Wrexham move
    Defender Bryce Hosannah has left Leeds and joined Wrexham on a two-year deal.
    The 22-year-old moved to Elland Road after leaving Crystal Palace's academy in 2017 and impressed at under-23 level.
    He spent part of last season on loan at Bradford.
    Sounds like a plea for help, hosanna being the Hebrew word for save or rescue.

I think they are heading for a ****, or bust moment . To quote Mr. Reynolds' alter ego in Deadpool

" Did I say this was a love story? I meant horror movie!"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456