+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dave Cusack

Dave Cusack

Just read on a Doncaster forum that ex manager and player Dave Cusack is in a bad way with dementia.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk...s-boss-3358006

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Just read on a Doncaster forum that ex manager and player Dave Cusack is in a bad way with dementia.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk...s-boss-3358006
    Another footballing victim of vascular dementia. Some nice comments on that article from Brian Deane. All the best to Dave Cusack who I know didn't have the best of times as a Miller but I'll always remember him for being sent off in a Friday night game at Northampton's old 3 sided County Ground and we still hung on for what in reality was a dire 0-0 draw.

We are seeing so many bad things about ex players in these positions. I once wagged school with my late mate, bless him, to attend a day at Bramhall Lane.

We got onto the pitch for a knockabout with Currie, Speight, Woodward and Salmons. It was pissing it down all day long and the ‘Casey’ was rolled to me. I kicked it back to Woodward and I grimaced and cursed because it was last kicking a ball of lead. No wonder these players of yester year have these symptoms from heading the ball… it must have hurt like hell.

Good luck Dave…..
    Last edited by Brin; 26-08-2021 at 01:15 AM.

I remember a school match in mud and pouring rain where as a thin stick of a lad I kicked a casey. The ball moved a couple of feet and I fell over backwards to ridicule all round. Once headed one and the pain was bad and I'm not sure if I vomited but it certainly made me feel ill.

All the best Dave