+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White Flag Time..?

Question White Flag Time..?

On here and more or less on every other Burnley Football Club fans' forum I can smell the whiff of surrender.

Is this it? Our EPL time is up?

Will Dyche use the Churchillian rhetoric?
    Will we capitulate or shall we go on to the end,
    we shall fight in Leeds,
    we shall fight on the training ground and at Old Trafford,
    we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our goal, whatever the cost may be,
    we shall fight on the flanks,
    we shall fight on our opponents' grounds,
    we shall fight in the Etihad and in the Emirates,
    we shall fight on Turf Moor;
    we will never relinquish our rightful position in the EPL.

Attachment 19794

Are we really goosed or can SD do it again?
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 27-08-2021 at 11:14 AM.

I cannot see us going down without a whimper BT.A Dyche team usually leaves it all on the pitch.However, every other team has moved forward-even the promoted teams are well in front of us so I think this will be the year we are relegated.If we are, I just hope the **** show ends up back in Garlick`s court.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I cannot see us going down without a whimper BT.A Dyche team usually leaves it all on the pitch.However, every other team has moved forward-even the promoted teams are well in front of us so I think this will be the year we are relegated.If we are, I just hope the **** show ends up back in Garlick`s court.
    I agree CIB. There was the great season when we qualified for Europe. We should have built on that new players coming in. Nothing happened then nor really since. In the meantime, the other teams in the PL have continued to invest in the squad. I think that for the past couple of seasons we have been a poor PL and possibly a good Championship side. Now I am not sure how the team, as it is, would fare in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Claret it won't be. The type of people with money never have to be accountable for the mess they leave it's always the deplorables or the boots on the ground i.e us that pick up the mess by supporting the club regardless because we are Burnley through and through. Pace, Garlick etc don't figure any of that it any calculation they make, its always the money always. They know that can get away with it & they have thick skins, they will not loose a second sleep over our club if it turns into a disaster. The exception to the rule I can think of is Barry Kilby, who did care and is a true fan.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 27-08-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Claret it won't be. The type of people with money never have to be accountable for the mess they leave it's always the deplorables or the boots on the ground i.e us that pick up the mess by supporting the club regardless because we are Burnley through and through. Pace, Garlick etc don't figure any of that it any calculation they make, its always the money always. They know that can get away with it & they have thick skins, they will not loose a second sleep over our club if it turns into a disaster. The exception to the rule I can think of is Barry Kilby, who did care and is a true fan.
    When ALK took over I had hoped that they would offer to make Barry Kilby club president, he could have provided some guidance to the new owners on what the club meant to the supports and the town itself. Unfortunately they chose to place Garlick on the board of directors, which may turn out to be the worst mistake in the clubs histpry.

I never quite understood Alto's suspicions of Garlick. I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I never quite understood Alto's suspicions of Garlick. I do now.
    Our erstwhile correspondent from the Morecambe Bay area was a huge fan of Mr Garlick, even going so far as to claim that Mike was far more integral to our unexpectedly lengthy sojourn in the Premier League than Sean Dyche was. Sadly he no longer posts, I'd like to know his take on our current situation, but it seems it's not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Our erstwhile correspondent from the Morecambe Bay area was a huge fan of Mr Garlick, even going so far as to claim that Mike was far more integral to our unexpectedly lengthy sojourn in the Premier League than Sean Dyche was. Sadly he no longer posts, I'd like to know his take on our current situation, but it seems it's not to be.
    He's planning for government mon ami.

While I have to respect what Sean Dyche has achieved as manager of Burnley football club. Indeed we as supporters owe him gratitude for our years in the premier league, which has been achieved on little to no finance being available to improve the starting eleven.

However based on last season and the start to this season the tactics and style of play appear to be so negative as to put any potential player who as flair and pace off signing for Burnley football club. Over the past years we have seen "Hoof Ball or Dyche Ball" become one of the most used tactics which is more than disappointing.

Our current problematic positions appear to be in mid-field and upfront, we do need to create more goal scoring opportunities and have the players to finish off those chances. Unfortunately we only seem to be interested in defenders, Cornet being classes as a left back, which we do not need, or may be able to play on the left wing, a position currently occupied by McNeil.

The question I think needs to be asked is can Sean Dyche change his approach to games and tactical awareness during games or is it time to consider a change of management.

At this time I can not see us beating a Leeds team who play a very attacking style of football but I hope I can be proved wrong and that we have our first premier league win of the season.

I would not risk the mortgage on it V_C.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)